• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Epic Run Lottery

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I am opening this up for comments, opinions, thoughts, etc.

The epic run is designed to be an endurance wheeling trip for a group. It takes mental, physical, and mechanical effort by the group as a whole to be successful.

With this in mind, I would like to propose a lottery for this years epic run participation. Open to 8 rigs.

Requirments:
NAXJA member in good standing.
33" tires minimum.
1 TAD minimum.
6 runs on current build

Recommended:
CB that works well
2 TAD's
Winch
2 Years of wheeling with this vehicle

What I am thinking is to allow everyone who is interested in participating PM me your vehicle specs and what modifications have been made in the last 6 months and 1 year.

If I get all of the people interested by May 31st I can the final list prepared the first week of June.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Michael

I think it's a good plan. This is a hard run that you've put together, I see no issue with making sure you have only rigs properly equipped to handle it along with you.

I am opening this up for comments, opinions, thoughts, etc.

The epic run is designed to be an endurance wheeling trip for a group.

Michael

I think that's the main part people should realize about this run. It's not going to be a winch fest, or really technical wheeling. It's an endurance run and the end goal is to cover a lot of ground.

I see nothing wrong with the requirements. A trail proven setup, and the seat time to along with it is key. Having to turn a wrench on the trail puts the end goal that much farther away.

IMG_0112.jpg

I do recommend this run though, it's an adventure!

This was a great time last year, but I would like to be around for some splicing and winch demos friday night so I don't want to miss those by participating in this run. Have fun guys!

-Alex

I have a question about the "6 runs on current build". What would be considered a fresh build/re-build; suspension change, steering mods, gearing, or axle swap? I would like to participate but I have to wonder if my most recent mods might not be approved since they are very fresh.

NWFest 2006 was my shake down run! :rof:

PAT

I have a question about the "6 runs on current build". What would be considered a fresh build/re-build; suspension change, steering mods, gearing, or axle swap? I would like to participate but I have to wonder if my most recent mods might not be approved since they are very fresh.

NWFest 2006 was my shake down run! :rof:

PAT

I left this open ended on purpose.
There are some people on this forum that could build a whole new vehicle and I would trust them to run it at KOH as a shake down run. Others can't seem to make a minor modification without running into issues on the next several trail runs.

The modifications, person who did it, and past experience with modifications will all be considered in the decision. As well as the others on the list who are applying to be included.

Does this help?

This was a great time last year, but I would like to be around for some splicing and winch demos friday night so I don't want to miss those by participating in this run. Have fun guys!

Thanks Alex for the heads up. I am pretty sure that several people in this forum have made it clear already that you wouldn't be allowed to attend this year till you had redeamed yourself from last year :explosion ;)

Michael

Thanks Alex for the heads up. I am pretty sure that several people in this forum have made it clear already that you wouldn't be allowed to attend this year till you had redeamed yourself from last year :explosion ;)

Michael

Oh Snap!

Michael

Pretty cold from the guy who had a very similar problem to mine last time I was on the trail with you.:)

-Alex

Yeah, and put in front and rear axles with 4.56 gears. But, its back in the shop due to a rear diff issue and I'm having ACRO redo the geometry of the front end.

Thanks again for setting this stuff up Michael!

PM sent.

~Scott

Will do, Matt. I'm still waiting for my rear axle to be fixed but as soon as that's done... it's on!

Epic Run Participants:
Hans (XJourney) God of all things Navigation
Michael (2xtreme) picking up the pieces at the end of the group
Matt (Matt West)
Rich (Mc2KXJ)
Scott (Muddy Beast)
Dustin (Torx)
Lyle (Bruno)

Kndrewa (I assume you will organize with someone on this list about getting a ride, my right seat will be full).

If you have any questions for me please send me a PM. Please go over your rigs well and double check all of your fluids, suspension components, bushings, CB, Recovery gear and spare parts.

For those with good map and/or GPS skills this is an excellent time to test your skills in the real world. We will be running many different trails with many trail transitions that can get very complicated and can be used for great training.

Please be prepared to be on the trail ALL day with water, food, snacks, etc.

We are a few seats open so if others want to be considered please let me know with a PM.

Michael

I want to put this out there, I don't have spare shafts for my D30 (27 spline). I have spare hubs, and an outer shaft already bolted to a hub, as well as a u-joint tool and spicer 297 (well, the newer ones) joints.

But with that, I'd rather not assume others have spare shafts I could use in a worst case scenario. Anyone with spare D30 shafts want to publicly confirm that IF I run into trouble (not expecting it with the E-locker reducing the stress as is) they have something to lend me to get off the trail?

Working on getting spares, but you know how that goes. Figure a shaft breaking is my most likely failure.

~Scott

P.S. I may have 35" tires in the coming weeks as well. Being careful as to when I push the red button will obviously be key if that's the case.

Back