• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Durangon/Dakota rear disk swap

BillyBoyD

NAXJA Forum User
If the Dodges have a 6 bolt disk in the rear, can I just lift all the hardware and buy 2 new rotors?

How extensive is hooking up all the hardware/E-brake cable?

Does anyone know if the stock brake lines match/hook up? Or do I have to get new ones of those too?

Thanks in advance for the info-
BiLLyD

You didn't specify the target axle. I looked into this briefly for my 8.25. The big durango brakes use a different flange. In order to mount them. You would need to grind off your old flange and weld on a new flage. There is a good writeup online on a dakota forum, I don't have the link right now. Basically, the new flange needs to be moved further back on the axle tube, closer towards the diff housing. After that, you'll still need to address the rotors, ensure the hat is the correct size, diameter, etc.

yup same tube diameter on no matter the spline. and the only thing u gotta dremel is the inside of the circle that slides over the end of the axle tube its just a hair too small to fit directly onto the xj 8.25 but the backing plates are exact bolt pattern.

or if ur thinking of disc braking a 8.25 u could just get the disc setup off a zj and its bolt on other then a little dremeling

This is what the Dakota people recommend also since the late model Durango swap is much more difficult.

FYI - Here is the post on the Durango Swap

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2337390

97_04_drum_measurement.jpg

03_flange_measurement_disc.jpg

Back