• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 link or 4 link ??

guswheels

NAXJA Forum User
Iam going to be swapping over to long arms and cant decide between a r.k 3 link and the bds 4 link upgrade kit ?? Anyone run the bds ?? How does it flex ?? I searched around and couldnt find much about the bds except alot of people said they like it.

Iam going to be swapping over to long arms and cant decide between a r.k 3 link and the bds 4 link upgrade kit ?? Anyone run the bds ?? How does it flex ?? I searched around and couldnt find much about the bds except alot of people said they like it.

I run the BDS longarm and I love how it works on and offroad! Your frontend geometry stays true throughout flex and you will not bind or unload. I do have one minor complaint with the upper control arm flex joints. They wear to quickly and you cannot tighten them (snap rings on both sides). You can however buy the rebuild kit and rebuild them...... Other than that AWESOME design and product!!:thumbup:

Do you have any fab skills? You could make your own given all the write-ups on here and pirate.

And before anybody lists it, IRO is not a 3-link.

Do you have any fab skills? You could make your own given all the write-ups on here and pirate.

And before anybody lists it, IRO is not a 3-link.

Welding is an art and many here do not understand that!! I would not trust 90% of the socalled welders here! He would most likely be better of buying a professionally made product! Fab skills.......:laugh:....... most anybody can run a bead od sorts..... :laugh:

Welding is an art and many here do not understand that!! I would not trust 90% of the socalled welders here! He would most likely be better of buying a professionally made product! Fab skills.......:laugh:....... most anybody can run a bead od sorts..... :laugh:

it's all about developing skills, if your welds suck, KEEP WELDING, but practice on non structural stuff like bumpers, one day you'll be ready for the long arm project (im starting to build my long arms, and finally trust my welds for such!)

both are decent setups

any longarm will flex more than you need/want it to.

Couldn't you remove an arm for wheeling and make the 4 link a 3 link and flex even better! :shocked:

it's all about developing skills, if your welds suck, KEEP WELDING, but practice on non structural stuff like bumpers, one day you'll be ready for the long arm project (im starting to build my long arms, and finally trust my welds for such!)

True, practice makes perfect.......... well near perfect. One can design a good product but if the welds cannot hold it together............:shiver:

Welding is an art and many here do not understand that!

i think i understand what your saying, but you make it sound like only a few people can actually weld.

welding is a skill that anybody with mechanical ability can learn to do. just because some people make it look like a "work of art", doesnt mean a person cant learn to make a compitent weld.

as for the BDS 4-link, what style trackbar(single or double shear) comes with the long arm kit?

The BDS kit looks pretty good, solid material. I dont like how the upper mounts seem to extend forward off the crossmember without much support, if you ever need to do any tranny work you will have to block the axles and take of the whole 4 link to drop the crossmember, and that forth link on the drivers side will cause binding with the pan hard. Im redesigning my 3 link with future maintenance in mind ( a seperate belly skid/crossmember and 3 link mounting points) so that you can just drop the crossmember.

take a stick class, it will help with any other process out there

fixed for you.

stick lets you learn all about puddle control and heat management, without having to learn hand/hand/foot coordination. glad i learned that first

once you stop watching the arc, and start watching the puddle, the world is your burrito

way off track for this thread but im in a TIG class at the moment and all it did for my MIG skills is piss me off when i MIG. TIG is clean and looks sexy. my MIG is not so much lol

3 link all the way.

Fabing the kit up is not a problem talent wise just time wise lol. Ionly have saturday and sunday mornings to work on the thing and its my daily driver. I work a ful time and part time job so it sucks. I havent found a perfect kit yet. The rock krawler kit looks cheap from the pics and the crossmember removal issue bds has is horrible too. I did a front and rear clayton kit on a zj I had,Real nice stuff but I didnt want to go radius arm again. Ploy performance 3 link is nice but big money. I call balistic and now e.t.a on there 3 link kit. ....decisions...decisions...

Fabing the kit up is not a problem talent wise just time wise lol. Ionly have saturday and sunday mornings to work on the thing and its my daily driver. I work a ful time and part time job so it sucks. I havent found a perfect kit yet. The rock krawler kit looks cheap from the pics and the crossmember removal issue bds has is horrible too. I did a front and rear clayton kit on a zj I had,Real nice stuff but I didnt want to go radius arm again. Ploy performance 3 link is nice but big money. I call balistic and now e.t.a on there 3 link kit. ....decisions...decisions...

Where are you getting your info? I run the longarm and love the ease of removal as well as access to all the driveline componets for maintance!! Are you coming to this conclusion through pictures........ if so you are highly misinformed!! Quit posting BS rumors and conjecture!!

Where are you getting your info? I run the longarm and love the ease of removal as well as access to all the driveline componets for maintance!! Are you coming to this conclusion through pictures........ if so you are highly misinformed!! Quit posting BS rumors and conjecture!!

Its common sense man. Can you drop the transmission or t case without dropping the crossmember? NO Can you drop the crossmember without blocking up the axle and removing the links? NO Can you replace a worn out tranny mount without dropping the crossmember? no, well maybe, but it would be quicker to block the axle, take off the links, and drop the crossmember because there isnt much room to work and replace that tranny mount.
No one said anything about driveline maintenance. driveTRAIN maintenance. aka tranny, t case, engine.

how many times are you guys replacing transmissions and t-cases?

I've been beating on my jeep for 6 years now, and have had a total of 4 t-cases in there, and changed the clutch once...

how hard is it to take 4 bolts out?

buy the suspension that you want to make your rig perform the way you want to...

Its no b.s open your eyes and take a look it. Trans service is not gonna happen with disconnecting the front links. Lighten up 50 % of most things on these forums are b.s you need to weed thru it all to get the good info

Back