• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
After i changed my oil the last time, my oil pressure gauge has been reading about 40psi at idle and up to 80 psi cruising. I do believe that is a bit too high. I am thinking of replacing my sending unit to rule that out, what could be causing the high pressure? 2000 XJ 4.0 AW4

Check the connection to the sensor first.

Anything different about this oil change? Different oil brand, viscosity? Brand of filter?

Not really. did it before as well, just not as high. Replaced rear main and now its a bit worse and I have oil everwhere. Need to do the rear main again. Im thinking of just changing out the sender and go from there. Lets say the pressure is actually that high. What could cause it?

Replace the sensor as it is most likely bad. Inexpensive fix. :patriot:

Replaced the sending unit and cleaned out the CCV valves. Now I need to clean all the oil off the motor and figure out where that is leaking from.

Back