• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any one else have a Oil Temp Gauge?

Magus2727

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to figure out if my temp's are with in what other people are seeing.

I see between 220*F to 250*F when warm and depending on stress.

any one else have a Oil Temp Gauge?

As a general rule oil temps at normal running temp on most street engines run around 200F or so. 250F is very hot for conventional oil. About the max you would want it to see. Synthetic is good up to about 280-300F or so. IMO you should shoot for around 200F if it runs consistently over 225F i would get an oil cooler on that thing.

Also i'm sure where you are taking the oil temp makes a big difference...

I have a remote oil location kit, that uses K&N 301 style filters two of them ( takes about 8 Qts nows)

its located to be by the AC compressor. I am running Rotella-T Syntetic using an auto-meter temp gauge on the output of the filter....

picture.php

that is an awesome setup?
any writeups?
i would love to u my renix

unfortunately I do not have a write up....

I can provide information though...

The kit is this kit,

http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans+Dapt/969/1213/10002/-1

It comes with every thing you need but the filters. I mainly did this so i would have a good location for after-market oil temp and pressure sensors and if needs be a way to plume a oil cooler easily.

I created a bracket as seen in the picture out of 1/8 steel from Home-depot and used a welder and a torch to bend it the way you see. It ties into the bolts for the hinge of the hood and then wraps around the coolant bottle and angles down and does a L type thing and ties into the bract that holds the fuse box in. using the large filters 301 style of K&N allows for about 8 Quarts of oil.

Channing oil is a little more complicated.... but I only do it twice a year now.

Below are all the pictures I took....

Where I could find space... this was the only spot...
picture.php

Basic Bracket:
picture.php

With Filters on:
picture.php

Filter by it self (will be using Mobil 1 for next round cost more and are same construction):
picture.php

Installed:
picture.php

Other then the bracket building the install goes like a regular oil change....

pull filter off, put on adapter with hoses pre-installed route houses where you want them, put them in the relocation bracket and put filter on....

Back