• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1.25 .375 DOM

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I need to replace my tie rod on the 60. Who can I get a cut and tapped length of tube from? I called Ballistic and they use tube and adapters.

thats pretty much the norm for aftermarket tie rods. the ends are pre tapped and you can get one with reverse thread. then cut the tube to whatever length you need, plus the length of the ends (adapters) and weld them in. this technique is plenty strong and totally accepted in all aplications. but if you are dead set on having the tubing itself threaded, id suggest a large machine shop that has a lathe long enough to thread the tube straight. your call.

No I'm looking for the tube with the ends threaded not the whole length threaded. Cannot seem to find it and my firend that did this one is out atm.

yes, i know what you are looking for. you need the rod to be threaded on the inside a couple inches right? the ends im talking about are basically the same tubing, threaded (tapped), then milled down some to partially fit inside the tube. you then just weld them in place.

He doesn't want tube and adapters, he wants it all to be one piece... makes sense to me.

I think your best bet is going to be getting the tube, then buying the taps used off someone in your chapter. I would bet on at least a set or two of them floating around the SEC, I know a couple of the NAC guys have them and some other common stuff like 1 ton end taper reamers.

He doesn't want tube and adapters, he wants it all to be one piece... makes sense to me.

I think your best bet is going to be getting the tube, then buying the taps used off someone in your chapter. I would bet on at least a set or two of them floating around the SEC, I know a couple of the NAC guys have them and some other common stuff like 1 ton end taper reamers.

Yea If that is the case then I'll just get my friend to get more tube. He has my taps. LOL!

I have 24 ft of 1.25 .375 DOM, about 10 ft more than I need. I only have 3/4 left and right taps. If you need some tube let me know, i'll cut you a deal.

any local machine shop wortha crud should be able to do it for ya with a lathe

any local machine shop wortha crud should be able to do it for ya

HA HA HA HA HA! Dude I am in the middle of small town South Carolina. We have to order everything around here.

I have 24 ft of 1.25 .375 DOM, about 10 ft more than I need. I only have 3/4 left and right taps. If you need some tube let me know, i'll cut you a deal.

You need some threads cut? Or are you looking for cash for feet?

If you know how long you need it, I can cut you off a piece and have it tapped here local to me and shipped to you.

don't forget you'll need jamb nuts!

Back