• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Brake Lights?

lowdek

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, I have a recently discovered that my brake lights do not work. i changed the fuses and bulbs and still nothing, but when i helped tow a trailer for a friend this weekend the trailer brake lights work, what gives? yes the hitch was installes by u-haul.

thanks in advance

were the fuses blown when you changed them, and were the brake lights on the truck working as well as the trailer?

this should also be moved to OEM tech, you'll get more responses over there.

If the brake lamps on the trailer worked normally, we can presume that your brake lamp switch isn't AFU.

It's possible that you could have lost both filaments at the same time - have you "tested by substitution?" Or used an ohmmeter to test? A break in the filament isn't always visible to the naked eye.

Also, check/clean the bulb sockets (they can get crudded up,) and make sure that the connexions are sound (the main front-to-back lighting harness runs down the driver's side doorsill. It starts right around the underdash fuse panel, and ends behind the driver's side cargo trim liner. The rear cross-body harness, I believe, runs overtop of the hatch opening.)

Back