• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d30 factory lsd?

2stix

NAXJA Forum User
did jeep ever put a factory lsd in the XJ front d30?

oops, i swear i thought i was in the oem section. sorry.

well so far this has comfirmed my thought aswell. if only i had bet the guy that told me his has a factory front lsd.

well so far this has comfirmed my thought aswell. if only i had bet the guy that told me his has a factory front lsd.

"Back in the day" you could spec out a vehicle and get damn near anything on it you wanted, money being the only limiting factor. By the early 80s that was on the way out. That said, many dealerships would install "accessories" of almost any kind on new vehicles--and get double the markup on the service. Maybe your "guy" did get a LSD on his new vehicle--from the dealer.

"Back in the day" you could spec out a vehicle and get damn near anything on it you wanted, money being the only limiting factor. By the early 80s that was on the way out. That said, many dealerships would install "accessories" of almost any kind on new vehicles--and get double the markup on the service. Maybe your "guy" did get a LSD on his new vehicle--from the dealer.

i suppose thats possible. but on an 88 cherokee i seriously doubt it. i have a feeling he is getting confused with the rear diff being an lsd. but he did say front.

i think the quadra-drive system in the grand cherokees utilized a vari-lok in the front which would have been a D30

as mentioned, you could order a lot through the dealer, including mopar branded Detroit lockers:greensmok so you never know

i could have sworn CJ era d30's came with a limited slip as an option...

From 1980 to 1992, when I was Service Manager at a Jeep dealership, they didn't offer a limited slip option in the front on a CJ. Customers always inquired about adding one, but rarely or never decided to go ahead with the install.

Back