• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

switching engine

Dundy

NAXJA Forum User
i have an 87 XJ with the stock engine and i want to put the H.O. engine into it but i know there will be a lot of modifications needed. What would i need to mod in order to drop it in?

honestly i wouldnt even bother putting in the HO i have it in my 96 sport and i dont feel that it would be worth the trouble to put that in. its all up to you though depending on how your current I6 runs

its going to be a lot of wiring work, just getting the old one out and the new one routed right...got to swap in the under hood harness and puter from the ho...from what I've read it only takes about 5 wires through the fire wall to make it run...and you might be able to reuse your old sending units to make the gauges still work right...will you have to swap fuel lines and the tank? I dunno.
There was a CJ web site that had a bunch of info about that but its saved on my other computer...

Keep the 87 RENIX motor, I have 3 HO XJ's (94',96',01') and one RENIX(90'). the 90' RENIX runs as good or better than the HO's.

Back