• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank Position Sensor

m42duster

NAXJA Forum User
Yes!, I have searched...

I am trying to do the resistance check on the sensor. I can't find where it connects to the harness. I can reach down and touch the sensor and feel the wire, but can't trace it back up on top.

Can anyone explain or describe where the connector is?

Also, I remember reading a thread that had a pic showing the ratchet, socket, extensions and u-joint setup needed to make this replacement easier. Now, I can't find it.

2000 XJ 4.0 with a crank/no start issue.

Thanks

Thanks Joe.

I saw that image and it does not apply to my situation. I read another thread that stated 2000-2001 may come up on the passenger side. I just came back from looking and could not find it. I want to make sure I have the exact connector as most everything is brittle.

PM Winterbeater, he has the 2000.

Yeah, on driver's side (left). Should be a bracket mounted to the front of the tranny.

Yep! After lying in a mudhole...I found the connector on the bracket mounted to the tranny. I will be paying to have it changed. I ain't gonna tackle it. I know I could do it, but I predict I would be irritated and agitated in doing so.

Does anyone know what dealers or other shops would calculate in HOURS for this replacement?

Thanks for all your help.

You need to call the shops you are considering and get their estimate of the time, cost will vary depending on the shop rate and whether a particular shop is strictly flat-rate from the manual. Most dealers are strictly flat-rate.

Back