• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitchva.com harness trouble help...

steed76

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys i will openely admit that i have made a mistake here.. so I'll turn to someone who has a little bit more electrical experience than me... YOU GUYS! I built the harness several months ago and installed it.. works great with one hitch... Somehow i've set it to where it's REVERSED my dimmer function.. in other words when my switch is in the forward(bright) position my dims are on and visa versa.. help me determine the easy fix for this please.. i've been thinking about it too long.. need a few more brains here... seems to me like i just need to reverse the h3 male spades on new harness.. is this correct??? thanks for all your help in advance!!!:banghead:

Ok guys i will openely admit that i have made a mistake here.. so I'll turn to someone who has a little bit more electrical experience than me... YOU GUYS! I built the harness several months ago and installed it.. works great with one hitch... Somehow i've set it to where it's REVERSED my dimmer function.. in other words when my switch is in the forward(bright) position my dims are on and visa versa.. help me determine the easy fix for this please.. i've been thinking about it too long.. need a few more brains here... seems to me like i just need to reverse the h3 male spades on new harness.. is this correct??? thanks for all your help in advance!!!:banghead:

uh, switch the wires around on the lamp end of the harness...

one is ground, the other two are low/high.

you should get continuity between low/ground and high/ground and not between hi/low on the lamp

once you figure out which position is low/high and ground, just switch them (leave ground where it is)

If that doesn't work I can call Fitch and have him post up. He has been busy with a illness in his family and work but I can usually get in touch with him if needed.

Without being able to look at Fitch's pics, I think that's the easiest way. Just the two cuts/splices to make, instead of four at the headlights, if I'm thinking clearly.

main.php

switch the light green wire with the dark green wire on relay terminals 85... that should do the trick

ok revisiting this... old thread! i have been extremely busy.. and just got a chance to correct this.. i switched the 2 wires at "85" at the relays.. now i have no dims.. brights and fogs only... hmmmm.. any other help>>

yeah factory fos.. however it's all working now! One of the 1/4 inch female connectors was not seated in the socket well. all functions completely normal now.. including fog lights. Just as it was set up from the factory +harness and globes. fog lights even function normally!

Glad you got it working! Fitch lives close to me and I can get in touch with him if needed. I don't think he is doing much with his Jeeps any more.

Back