• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FYI tire carrier bushing set

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The 2nd gen tire carrier that mounts to the bumper uses four brass bushings (one pair for top and bottom resp). These are marked as a package set with part number 8350-7112 in the parts catalog. According to previous posts, these come as a single pair when ordered with that number, so you need to order two of them. With that in mind I tried buying replacements from the dealer, but he was sent a single bushing (not a pair, nor a set, but just one bushing). The dealer re-ordered and got the same bushing again. After working through corporate and the third-party supplier red tape he found out that they are supposed to come as a set of all 4 bushings in one package, and some kind of corrective process was triggered. Corporate then sent us two packages that had one pair each (for the full set), and will correct future parts orders to have all four in one package. FYI.

Hi this is a long long long shot but do you or anyone know where I can find this bushing kit? I am in desperate need after spending 400 on a factory tire carrier that didn’t have it

You might consider just cutting it off and using an aftermarket trailer axle welded to it and the bumper, aftermarket. That's what I did to mine, I doubt I kept the factory piece, but I'll try to remember to look for it. It currently holds a 35" tire. Bearings in the holder need attention frequently.

thank you Fred, do you know any spindle I could slot into the other parts of the assembly? I dont weld but I do have drilling tools so may I can drill out the shaft and use it that way?

Take a pic of what your dealing with, sounds like the easy route would be to make some bushings.

Back