• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lake Kapowsin

AdamGBabcock

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know the legalities of wheelin' in this area? I've heard about a lot of people doing it but no one has mentioned if you're allowed to or not. I checked the internet and have come to three conclusions haha.
1. It's legal.
2. It's not legal.
3. It's legal if you buy a permit from some company.

Any knowledge would be nice =)

Thanks,
Adam

Lived out there years ago and it wasn't legal then. Don't think its legal now. Most of those trail are under water in some winters. They cleaned the area up and put up blocks to keep people out. With the little $$ they have they couldn't keep them there. I'm sure the blocks have been moved. Wheeling there wil hurt the lake and our sport

I work out there. The logging roads and everything out there are open by day..Only if you have a permit from Hancock Forest Managment, which is like 350 for a year. I do NOT think this permit permits you to leave the road (trail). It is basically for access, for hunting and the cutting of firewood, etc. So, to answer your question, No.

This area might also be owned by Hancock but I was aiming for info on these trails (see pic) moreso than the logging roads. I checked it out on foot today since I was by myself and didn't want to get stuck. For the most part it looked easy but there were some advanced parts I wouldn't even try (would be embarrassed). Most of the entrances were blocked by large rocks but I didn't see any no trespassing signs. I'll be contacting Hancock to see if they do own this part of the woods and if they allow wheelin'. Thanks for the info =). The entrance I marked is gonna require puckering my XJ's ass haha. I don't know what (other than a Sami) is making it through there without scraping.

2ni74mt.jpg

THat is the area I was talking about. It floods and is a wetland. The trails there are not legal. You can go down there and camp but that it.

Back