• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

98XJLimitedNateWV

NAXJA Forum User
I am here to rant about JCR a bit. They are all nice guys, and their customer service is good, they make good products that are reasonably priced, they are into off roading...but I think they get away with more than they should on their wait times because of all of that.

If they have enough orders to consistantly be backed up a month then shouldn't they hire another fabricator? Or if it is just that they need to catch up on back orders put in some late nights or Saturdays (admittedly they may already be doing this and I don't know it, but that would just reinforce the idea that they need another person).

I ordered some upper quarter guards five weeks ago, and they still haven't been completed. They apparently had some trouble with their plasma and haven't been able to cut anything out for about a week and don't expect to be able to until sometime next week. I know there are a couple of orders that were placed even a week before mine that are still waiting as well. I don't understand why if they've had the order this long why didn't they cut them out last time they had a cut day?

They have a reputation for taking a long time on everything, why do their customers continue to allow it?

They have a reputation for taking a long time on everything, why do their customers continue to allow it?

Because some things are worth the wait? It's not just JCR, it's most small fab shops, well the busy ones at least. They explain their situation some in this thread.

Seems like they are going threw some changes to get a handle on things.

"In order to get efficiencies up, we have had to switch to larger scale batch order processing. This means, we have been building large batches of each particular item in order to save time, which in return saves money. It has been quite the process around here."

"We have to do this to keep our heads above the water! If we just keep making custom changes and small build batches, we waste a lot of time and get way to far behind. It's not as simple as "go hire someone else", as we are trying to survive and grow in a very tough market right now."

I am here to rant about JCR a bit. They are all nice guys, and their customer service is good, they make good products that are reasonably priced, they are into off roading...but I think they get away with more than they should on their wait times because of all of that.

If they have enough orders to consistantly be backed up a month then shouldn't they hire another fabricator? Or if it is just that they need to catch up on back orders put in some late nights or Saturdays (admittedly they may already be doing this and I don't know it, but that would just reinforce the idea that they need another person).

I ordered some upper quarter guards five weeks ago, and they still haven't been completed. They apparently had some trouble with their plasma and haven't been able to cut anything out for about a week and don't expect to be able to until sometime next week. I know there are a couple of orders that were placed even a week before mine that are still waiting as well. I don't understand why if they've had the order this long why didn't they cut them out last time they had a cut day?

Quit Crying! I have been waiting on my rear bumper for almost 7 weeks. Hopefully it will ship out soon but I don't really care all that much. The business aspect of hiring someone in a slow economy is not good. Bar none, they have great quality, customer service and they're stuff is top notch. You will be satisfied when your guards show up. :wave:

Last edited:

You answered your own question:
"They are all nice guys, and their customer service is good, they make good products that are reasonably priced, they are into off roading..."

and as previously posted, I feel the products are worth the weight. (pun intended).

I understand the frustration of waiting for product. I just chalk it up to the old adage, "You can have high quality, low price, or fast. Pick two." :)

Like you said, they have GREAT product...So if YOU want GREAT product YOU need to just hold on for it..

If it was easy you would have made the stuff yourself.. Right?

I'll tackle this more broken down to give you a better response.

I am here to rant about JCR a bit. They are all nice guys, and their customer service is good, they make good products that are reasonably priced, they are into off roading...

There are three things in business: Cost, Quality and Time. You can pick two, but in 99% of the situations you run into, you won't get all three. We fall under the Low Cost, High Quality, Longer Wait time. But honestly, that's the best of the situations for most offroaders. We could be faster, but at the customers expense (pocket book)

but I think they get away with more than they should on their wait times because of all of that.

We do have a lot of really good support from customers. Without that support, we wouldn't be able to offer anything we offer. In return for this patients, we offer High Quality products at affordable prices.

We did hire someone. However, just adding employees is not a solution. We have train them, then hope they have the skill, then hope that the end product lives up to our standard. After that, we still have added more overhead in a very tough economy. Daryl and I are the main skilled labor in our shop, but you always know what you are going to get from us!

Poor Plasma :cry: It's not like we only use this machine like once a week! It cuts EVERYDAY! So, when it goes down, so does our production. We are currently waiting on parts for our machine, no way around that.

Because we are honest and make a very affordable product. :kissyou:

To end: If you would like to cancel your order, we understand. However, we are certainly not sitting on our hands! We work hard and push a crap ton of product out the door everyday. As soon as our CNC table is up, your order is top of the list!

Quit Crying! I have been waiting on my rear bumper for almost 7 weeks.

These new hinges we are using (and have been waiting for :cry: ) are beyond BA! Your bumper is on my welding table right now. Should ship out tomorrow! Thanks for your patience.

This isn't my first order with JCR...I have their front and rear bumpers, sliders, lower quarter guards, and these upper guards. I know they make great product.

I don't need to be at the top of the list...the guys who have been waiting a week longer than me should be there.

I definitely don't want to cancel my order, and I don't have a problem waiting a reasonable amount of time for something (even a month). I understand the CNC going down is just one of those things. Hopefully this new hire will work out and the lead times can be reigned in a bit.

These new hinges we are using (and have been waiting for :cry: ) are beyond BA! Your bumper is on my welding table right now. Should ship out tomorrow! Thanks for your patience.

Sweet thanks Brian! Can't wait to see the new tire carrier mount. I checked out their site. Billet spindle+timken bearings= WIN! Front bumper looks great sitting on the garage floor too! :D

Hopefully this new hire will work out and the lead times can be reigned in a bit.

It's hard to say. We did 1/2 of last years sales from Jan 1st-March 31st this year, which is mostly what drop us on a huge log list. We still have a couple of orders lingering from March, but they should be out of here tomorrow or Monday.

It's hard to say. We did 1/2 of last years sales from Jan 1st-March 31st this year, which is mostly what drop us on a huge log list. We still have a couple of orders lingering from March, but they should be out of here tomorrow or Monday.

good to hear you guys are doing some good sales....

To the OP everyone is right... if you want it now go buy someone elses junk.... if you want to be satisfied for a good price then jcr products will be worth the wait, not to mention its good to support someone who has an excellent interaction with their target market and supports a sport they love as well as prioduce products for

You know, when you complain about the long wait at a restaurant, the cook spits on your food. When you complain about the long wait at the butcher shop, the guy at the counter puts his thumb on the scale. When you complain about the long wait to get your JCR parts, you get a hundred guys telling you it is worth the wait and the company rep answers your complaint. That's not too shabby.

On both of my JCR orders, I took advantage of a good sales (off season Black Friday and Stimulus) and thanked them for building excellent products for a very good price. For some reason, the longish wait seemed worth it in the end, especially when I got them in advance of wheeling season. Plus, no spit.

Just ordered a front bumper from JCR, all the good things I have heard definitely outweighed any sort of wait time that I will have. Looking forward to getting this thing on the jeep.

And all that has been said about choosing 2 of 3 (quality, time, cost) is true, far too often you can get a product for a great price at your door within a few days, and it turns out to be shit.

Now if they would quit working so damn much and come wheeling with us I'd like them more! J/K guys. :D I know you guys like going to cooler places than Indiana. I hope to by next year. Hoping to be Moab-bound sometime in 2011!

FlexdXJI hope to by next year. Hoping to be Moab-bound sometime in 2011![/QUOTE said:
I'm planning a May Moab trip in 2011. I'll be sporting my JCR Stage IV.

You know, if JCR has it in them, they should post a reader's rig site so we can not only boast how good their stuff is in text, but in pics as well. Looking through dozens of JCR-only pics with custom built rigs would be beneficial to buyers and owners, alike. Heck, what else are they gonna do while their plasma cutter is down?

jcroffroad We still have a couple of orders lingering from March said:
Great to hear. My lower 1/4s are one of them lol. But you guys have top notch customer service. Timely email response, and put out an excellent product at an even lower price than the competition to boot.

Definitely worth the wait in my book.

I'm still waiting for my issue with the gas tank skid to be resolved. It's easily been a month now. My experience with them is subpar at most.

I'm planning a May Moab trip in 2011. I'll be sporting my JCR Stage IV.

You know, if JCR has it in them, they should post a reader's rig site so we can not only boast how good their stuff is in text, but in pics as well. Looking through dozens of JCR-only pics with custom built rigs would be beneficial to buyers and owners, alike. Heck, what else are they gonna do while their plasma cutter is down?

We all can't be HaleYes. He's the company mascot! :D I am catching up with him though. All I need is a set of quarter guards! :roflmao: They can still weld while the table is broke but yeah they should have a customers rigs section!

I want to file a complaint! :D Just kidding, just got my shipment notification earlier. The UPS guy is gonna hate me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back