• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys otk steering conversion

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
any opinions on this system?
it consists of:
-tie rod (2.5" DOM 250)
-drag link (2.5" DOM 250)
-track bar
-track bar relocation bracket (mounts to axle, weld on)
-HD track bar frame mount
-steering stab. brackets
-sway bar mounts
-all harware

what do you all think?

im considering this system to solve the dreaded death wobble becuase ball joints, tire balancing, alignment, dropped pitman arm, and RK 3 link didnt solve it. maybe this will......
thanks
-Shomsky

Fixed it for you!
Shomsky462 said:
any opinions on this system?
it consists of:
-tie rod (1.5" DOM 250)
-drag link (1.5" DOM 250)
-track bar
-track bar relocation bracket (mounts to axle, weld on)
-HD track bar frame mount
-steering stab. brackets
-sway bar mounts
-all harware

what do you all think?

im considering this system to solve the dreaded death wobble becuase ball joints, tire balancing, alignment, dropped pitman arm, and RK 3 link didnt solve it. maybe this will......
thanks
-Shomsky
Good Luck,DW is not easy to fix,this may or may not fix it,you need to find the cause!Have you looked at your tires/wheels,most DW comes from that!

yeah i dont even know at this point.
my front tires have been balanced twice in the last month, i just recently got an alignment, and i got the rk 3 link and new ball joints installed professionally, and if i get this steering system with that track bar and steering stab. then the only thing after that could be either the steering box or the hubs/unit bearings or both.
there really isnt anything left on the font axle thats left....
i guess ill have to see what happens after i get this steering system and go from there.....
thanks
-Shomsky

iam run that system and i love it. iam not sure that is the problem. i do my alinmet on the shop floor. iam running 33x10.50 with no dw and there was no problem befor. iam still not sure were dw comes from. good luck.

How much lift and what brand control arms are you running?

Shomsky462 said:
i got the rk 3 link and new ball joints installed professionally
thanks
-Shomsky

Back