• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd Conversion

49erRider

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to do the swap this summer.

I could have sworn I read a build up thread of someone doing this to there's a while back.

It was with the bronze XJ.

Anyone help me out with a link?

Hey Ian,

I'm pretty set on just the fact that I need to swap the trans, case, front axle, driveshafts, and shift bezel and so forth.

I just remember seeing a pretty nice write up about it and was looking for that.

Hey Jamescad04,

I don't think I'll be doing this until this summer. Right now I'm just looking at gathering the parts.

I'm trying to figure out what year trans and transfercase I can use with a 2000.

What axle yah got?

Trans and t/case would be a 98+ as that's when the speed sensor arrangement changed and also went from 1 pps to 4pps.

Ok,

Going to bump this for now as I'm pretty serious about getting to this. Let me know if anyone see's some parts.

Thanks

Shoot yah, It's pretty much done. Just need to do a couple small things and throw on the 4x4 sticker and I am done! I'll do a build thread as soon as its finished.

Sweet.. I am subscribed to this thread so drop a note here or pm me if you would. I have lots of questions and am scouring the forum to look for answers.. My biggest problem is sooo many threads to look thru and so many are old so not all the pics are still good.. I am researching what xj I am going to try to get. i.e. year.. I do not have one yet but sometime between now and April I will have one.(tax returns yeah!!) I have been looking locally and never thought to look for a good 2x4 and convert till the other night. I looked into this with my truck and was a no go so I never thought about this for an XJ.. Anyway... Cant wait to see the thread. Any advice on years with good xfer case or years with better axle or years to stay away from would be kewl. Thanks..

Back