• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

..spring bumper stops,.longer brake lines,..

BILLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
.have lately damaged a few parts and need to repair/replace a few items- .want to know if I have any other options other than a local dealership for spring bumper stops and longer brake lines.-Understand vaguely, that some brake lines off a ZJ will work ?-If possible please free to include comments,advice, etc.
-TIA

I know I've read that the TJ brake lines work front and rear for 3 inch lifts. Do a search for cheap lifts or dakota springs and you should find something written about it. Not sure about the ZJ stuff other than the rear shocks will work and the tie rod up front is a great upgrade. All of these should be available at the local auto parts store.

actually guys, it's YJ lines that you can use for a 3" extension. You can also unbolt your hardlines from the body where they join the rubber line and unbend them and get another 2-3" out of that.

The "bumper stops" you speak of are commonly known as bump stops, and are available from a wide variety of retailers in a wide variety of configurations. Some replace the rubber part at the top with a longer piece, others insert a spacer "puck" at the bottom of the spring that gets bolted to the coil pad. HTH

Ary

.." others insert a spacer "puck" at the bottom of the spring that gets bolted to the coil pad",..Ary'01XJ, can you elaborate on what kind of"spacer-pucks" bolt to the coil pad and where I can find some-I just broke off front two rusted "bump stops" and was thinking of relocating the bump-stops to the coil pad ,rather than attempting to extract the remaining bolts out and re-tap the holes again.
thanks for the info on the correct YJ brake lines-
BILLXJ

You literally use hockey pucks. You can glue them (I used a mixed epoxy cement) to the base of the coil spring platform after roughing up the puck a little bit. Mine have stuck for two years so far, and they've taken a beating from the longer bumpstops I subbed in for the stock ones.

Back