• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last minute Snow run....

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like I'm going wheeling tomorrow. This is the last weekend the Naches Wagon Trail will be open until July 15th. The trail should be pretty snowy and challenging, so if you want to go, be prepared for the conditions.

Who's interested?

We'll be meeting at the Enumclaw Safeway at 0900. So far it's myself, Jay2000XJ and T&A XJ. If you're interested, respond here or call my cell phone at 425.785.2954 and we can coordinate. See ya on the trail!

Last year:

snownaches.jpg

-----Matt-----

12GAXJ said:
Possibly if I get some stuff done to the Jeep by the morning. Could I bring someone if they are interested?
Sure! My buddy with the Samurai might be there as well, so the more the merrier. Enumclaw Safeway at 0900, and on the road NO LATER than 0920. Hope to see you there!

It looks like Cody (GreenbeltXJ) is going to make it, and John (Avanteone) is maybe in too. Should be a fun trip.

dallas xjs said:
is this any where near dallas...i well go if so...i well bring the grill
Um, no. What do you mean when you use the word "well" instead of "will?" Proud Texan, I guess.... :rolleyes:

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
IXNAYXJ said:
Sure! My buddy with the Samurai might be there as well, so the more the merrier. Enumclaw Safeway at 0900, and on the road NO LATER than 0920. Hope to see you there!

It looks like Cody (GreenbeltXJ) is going to make it, and John (Avanteone) is maybe in too. Should be a fun trip.

-----Matt-----

Cool. :thumbup:

well well well i was just being nice to be the trail cook guy...I really like that bumper of yours. I also promise not to say anything unless it's nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were there today,Plenty of snow. We were at the Cabin, somebody left a fire going so it was warm,we left when some snowshoers came in.
We went out from the meadow on the east side to the first road and took fs19 to the fs70 back.We heard a group having alot of trouble on the downhill east side .
Found a few Ice spots at the bridge`s made it a challenge to get on but easy to fall off with the front then the rear.That was the only time for winch or tow strap.
Have fun.

I hope your snow run went OK and everyone is safe. I see 410 closed today because of avalanche danger.
Also they are at Whistling Jacks eating dinner and heading home I-90 I assume. This will make a great story, can't wait to hear it.

Edit: looks like they are coming home White Pass @ 30 mph in whiteout conditions.

Last edited:
XJourney said:
I hope your snow run went OK and everyone is safe. I see 410 closed today because of avalanche danger.
Also they are at Whistling Jacks eating dinner and heading home I-90 I assume. This will make a great story, can't wait to hear it.

Edit: looks like they are coming home White Pass @ 30 mph in whiteout conditions.

Damn, maybe it was a good thing I didn't make it. Who'd you talk to Hans?

XJourney said:

Now that's the stuff I live for. Piss people off, but I love that Sh!t.

Yes, I am the Jack ars that passes everybody up when they are doing 25 in a 50 and the snow isn't even sticking yet. Then everybody passes me when I am nice enough to stop and pull an S-10 out of the ditch.

Now that the wind has kicked up out there, I am happy to have not have gone. Would have been better than work, but oh well.

Jason

XJourney said:
That was my concern on saturday when we were there,it was snowing most of the day and with fog in the open areas visability was less than 100 ft.on the 19 rd coming back to the 70 rd.I`m with you hoping it went well,I figured someone would have posted by now.

12GAXJ said:
Damn, maybe it was a good thing I didn't make it. Who'd you talk to Hans?

You can find anything on the net if you know where to look;)

Yep, 'bout 1:15AM for me. I don't know which was crazier; the snow up on the pass or the WIND down here!!

Can't wait to see those pics!

- Jay

I had to stop and take a 30 minute nap on the way back, so I didn't roll into bed until 0200. Had an amazing sight on the way back, though. Just outside of Morton, along a deserted stretch of road, I saw a HUGE white flash and then everything went dark. Transformer blew. A mile later, lights were back on along the road, and as if on cue...BOOM...another transformer went, lighting up the sky for a full second.

Another mile later I saw the most amazing thing: I assume it was another transformer that blew, but the flash from the explosion was the most incredible shade of bright green I've ever seen. It was actually kinda scary because of the color and how long it lasted...I saw the flash and had time to turn my head and watch it for a second. I was waiting for my truck to stop running and have a flashback from Close Encounters. :shiver:

Anyway, despite the unplanned developments, it was a lot of fun! Thanks to those of you who made it!

-----Matt-----

P.S. You know, we've still got a couple days before it closes for the season...who wants to see where that other road goes? ;)

Here's a teaser:

1163443758.jpg

IXNAYXJ said:
It was actually kinda scary because of the color and how long it lasted...I saw the flash and had time to turn my head and watch it for a second. I was waiting for my truck to stop running and have a flashback from Close Encounters. :shiver:

Sounds like you were seeing the Aurora Coors-ealis.

Back