• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2EXTREME = Celebrity

Sideshow

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody see the latest issue of FourWheeler magazine? Michael, was someone driving your jeep while you were laying on the hood? It was a great article about TTC and also in the same issue containing excellent KOH coverage. Congrats

I haven't seen it.
I will have to go find a copy, thanks for the heads up.

I suspect I know exactly when the picture was taken, it brings back some wonderful and stressful memories :laugh2:

Michael

It looked like fun! There's also second picture of your rig. Did you leave the beadlocks at home? I assume there's no need to air down for ttc?

Did you leave the beadlocks at home? I assume there's no need to air down for ttc?

That is a VERY long story :D
With a VERY long list of exchanging axle shafts, brakes, hubs, wheels, WAY TOO many times at the last minute, late at night :D

In retrospect we would have gotten a good night sleep and left my wheels/tires on the rig for TTC. ;)

TTC = Team Trophy Challenge
it is put on by the Timber Tamers. Excellent endurance wheeling competition.

Michael

That does look like a lot of fun, my XJ doesn't meet the requirements (no winch or roll cage). Where does it take place at?

The article is a bit of a mess = incorrect names and credits. BUT!!! Micahel -2Xtreme and Hans XJourney are both pictured. Hans is pulling winch cable and Michael is doing the t-ball challenge. Plus 2Xtreme on Funny Rocks in the first picture in the article body. I see three XJs two grands and three Wranglers, one Toyota and a Ford Mutt in the pictures ( plus Richard's POS Suzuki representing Oregon ;) (He's my friend so I get to dis him)) . Great ratio of XJs!

The event is a TOTAL Blast. But this year's August date is not working out well. I know that the Timber Tamers did the date change due to a lot of people complaining about the previous dates running into hunting, fishing seasons and freezing winter weather. I think they need to just do the event their way and not listen to whiners.

PoSxJ - The requirements are for one winch in the two vehicle team and nothing about roll cages (unlees they have changed since Sept. '09). Street legal is determined by: If you get a ticket for noncompliance by law enforcement you are disqualified. The Challenge has been run on a combination of County and Forest Service roads in addition to the trails.

Not everyone as has been chastised by a national publication. ;)

It said cages were recommended. I'd like to enter this sometime, but I think I'd like to watch, or maybe be a passenger first.

This is one of the best wheeling experiences I have ever had. I am seriously bummed out we can't compete this year. I would love to see a NAXJA team. I would gladly lend any knowledge I have of what to expect.

Cages: We ran last year without a cage. Not a big deal imho.

Not everyone as has been chastised by a national publication. ;)

I did mention that the article is full of inaccuracies.... I'm not saying that chastising you is one of them though :viking:. Is that photo from Funny Rocks or Moon Rocks? Neither was actually a winching challenge and that photo is defenitely a respooling of the cable.

BTW if we had been in a pristine white XJ they would have probably shown the entire rig instead of a thrashed fender....

There is no reason NAXJA NW shouldn't have at least 2 full teams at this event. It is an incredible experience for anyone who thinks they are into wheeling. It doesn't take the most capable vehicle, but it really stresses the most prepared team. No cage needed for vehicles with a hard top, 1 winch per team.

What I can pretty much guarantee about this event is that it will really stretch what you think you need to be prepared.

As Hans said, we would be more than happy to provide the support to get anyone interested on the right track.

Michael

One of you TTC 09 participants should write a letter to the FW editor regarding the inaccuracies. In the article, the author said they might enter their own vehicles. It might be a good idea to set them straight so they know you're paying attention, and the second possible article is accurate.

As a TTC non-participant, I enjoyed the article, despite it being the disney verson of actual events, and said "hey I've wheeled with that guy" when I saw 2xtreme laying on the hood with the Bono-ish safety glasses on.:)

As soon as my kids are a little older, my wife and I will enter. Right now it's a little tough for Grandma to watch the two of them by herself.

Last edited:
I gave in and picked up the issue yesterday. Hey it had KOH on the cover. :D

IMG_0011-1.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Some good info on the event. If your thinking of entering I would pick up a copy. ;)

Back