• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just picked up these WJ seats to swap

It's very easy. You'll be using the XJ rails, and the plastic trim piece that the switches mount to because the XJ rails sit a little more left of the seat and the WJ trim piece doesn't allow for that. It's just 4 13mm nuts holding the seats to the rails.

What about the recline option.... the cherokee power trim piece doesn't have the recline like the wj does. Will i need to install the recline lever on the new seats?

What year is your XJ?

My WJ seats had the same recline lever (not power) as my XJ seats. I have a 98 XJ and the seats came from an 04 WJ.

I looked at the auction pics and yours are completely different from mine. That trim piece may work on yours, you'll just have to try it I guess.

Last edited:
My new seats seem to just have power everything.... even recline. I wont know anything more until i get them in hand. I plan on doing a write up for this.

Back