• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivers door jammed shut

wolfmanxj

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the problem. One day the drivers door is working fine. Park it over night while on CQ and next morning drivers door won't open. I can hear the mechanism moving when I lock and unlock, and when I pull the handle(s). I checked the other three to make sure they all still worked and no new body damage to suggest the unibody is tweaked. Anybody here ever have anything like this happen with their Heep? Tried pushin', kickin' haven't tried pryin' yet but gettin close

You're gonna have to pull the door panel with the door shut. It's just a few phillips head screws and some plastic push pins. Get the wd-40 and start spraying any metal moving part in your door.

My neighbor had something similar happen to him. When he took his door apart he found the rod on the latch mechanism had been pulled off. He's a ex SFPD and said he's seen this before. This most likely happened because someone tried to slim-jim his door open. Hopefully the rod just came off but it's gotta make you wonder how it happened. Good luck getting on the repair.

Back