• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any info about this XJ............

Rodrigo_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
....please?

I´ve found it while browsing the web and wondered about trim level/year.

Would the tailgate be painted in two tone finish too?

Any picture of the real thing please?

1984_cherokee_history.jpg

TIA

I'm pretty sure the wheels are 91+ but somebody else will correct me if I'm wrong. The chrome on the windshield surround marks it 93-down for sure. According to the dealer spec sheets, the only AMC model with chrome bumper and black caps was the Pioneer but they were phased out by 1990. The Briarwood also had chrome bumper with black caps but it had woodgrain paneling and different wheels. My guess is it's a Briarwood development/concept model.

Last edited:
You know whats weird (well I think it is)..... my '90 Laredo has (well had) chrome bumpers with grey caps, chrome mirrors, but black door handles. But my 89 has everything chrome.

My 90 is the same. Only in 90 did the Laredo have black handles. That is the way you can tell that model in that year! Especially if you can't read "Laredo".
I have an old Chiltons manual with a picture of that 2 tone Jeep. The wheels were around a lot longer that 91. My 90 came with them and I think they may go back as far as 87 with the introduciton of the 4.0L. It may be a Pioneer and the roof rack looks older than 90 as well.

Thanks for your entries!

I´m still searching for information.........I found the picture of the real thing and the file name reads "1988 Cherokee Pioneer"
1988_Jeep_Cherokee_Pioneer.jpg

Last edited:
My 90 Laredo had those wheels (now on the MJ) and has black door handles but chrome side mirrors. Not 2 tone though.

Probably not a Pioneer with factory fogs.

Back