• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE drop bracket hardware

1990JEEPXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
i picked up a set of used RE drop brackets with braces today and the hardware the PO gave me is all mixed and matched and i know isnt what came with them from RE. i was wondering if anyone knew what nuts and bolts are required to bolt these on. i would think the instructions would list the hardware included. any help is appreciated, thanks

I just went through this on my XJ. I bought the drop brackets with no hardware. I found the instructions here: http://www.greatlakesxj.com/tech/RE9900-9905.pdf

The hardware is listed in there. There was one change though I made though, the 3/8th inch bolts should be 1.75 instead of 1.25. I could only find 2" though which is fine.

The key top the whole thing that I read was to NOT tighten anything until it's all assembled, then you can start cranking stuff down.

The other thing I ran into, is to NOT put your jack stands under "frame" behind the LCA, that's where the braces will need to go.

1 Hardware bag kit with:
4 3/8 x 18 x 1.25” Hex bolts (make those 1.75" or 2")
8 3/8 Flat washers
4 3/8x18 Lock nuts
2 10mm x 75mm Hex bolts
2 10mm Top lock nuts & washers
8 ½” Washers
2 1/2”x13 Lock nuts
2 9/16x12 Lock nuts
2 1/2 x 13 x 3.5” Hex bolts
2 9/16 x 12 x 4.5” Hex bolts

thanks guys. much appreciated. and i did e-mail RE tonight but i figured they wouldnt get back me until at least monday and someone on here knew where to look. thanks again :cheers:

thanks for the heads up wall. now i know what to do if that happens to me.

i have a feeling that since these were already used, quite hard, with RE arms, that the arms will fit well

Last edited:
quick question, did those that have the RE brackets use the stock alignment shoe inside the new lower arm mounts? is there really any harm in leaving it out?

I left my alignment shoes out... haven't noticed anything funky yet and have been driving on it for 6 months.

-My RE LCAs fit with a large rubber mallet and some elbow grease ;)
-Part of the body/frame was sticking out in a V shape from behind the LCA bracket which denied the brace from sitting flush against the bracket. Had to use a dremel to shave off the V and make it flat.
-First side will take forever but once you figure out how it all goes together you'll get the 2nd side on in 20 minutes.

yeah i have them all together and had no ill effects. my arms slid right in since the brackets were used with RE arms previously.

and i did notice that stupid little V. took me forever to figure out why the braces didnt sit flush. i dont think i grinded one enough because i used a shim from me LCA on the lower part of the brace. seemed to work fine. and you are absolutely right, the second side was MUCH faster than the first, fo numerous reasons, some of which were my fault. anyway, ill just leave the alignment shoes out

Back