• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel lug pattern

Psykotrp

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

Looking for the lug pattern, backspacing and such for 2001 cherokee sport.

Also I think I need to change the oil pressure sensor cause my oil gauge is pinned at max. What do we think?

5 x 4.5 pattern, 5-5.25BS?

Hey all,

Looking for the lug pattern, backspacing and such for 2001 cherokee sport.

Also I think I need to change the oil pressure sensor cause my oil gauge is pinned at max. What do we think?

I broke the sending unit and it didn't register at all. Have you changed the oil recently? That sending unit is really close to the filter and I broke mine while changing the oil on my old Jeep.

Oh and Johnny walker is correct on the bolt pattern and backspacing.

I just got it about a month ago so no oil change yet. (bad me) And the $$ is scarce.
Specially since I wanna lift, change wheels and put on that rear spare tire bumper thingy for $350.
Wives don't take kindly to guys spending the mortgage money on jeep stuff

get those priorities strait...

if your not taking care of it there is no use in putting all that money into it. an oil change costs $20-$50 and an hour of your time. get it done and since you just recently got the jeep i suggest changing all the fluids to base line your jeep.

and wives are over rated... haha. jk.

Change oil and other fluids.

Then check seals. Look for rear main leaks and diff. leaks

Then do a radiator flush if the color of the antifreeze is brown/rusty.
(I know a 2001 shouldn't have this problem but mine sure did.)

Then fill up the gas tank.

If you have any money left, check under the carpet for rust and stuff
(should probably do this regardless)

THEN start buying upgrades :)

Before you change out the sender unit make sure it's actually connected, and that the wire to it is good. 91-up senders will peg when disconnected, just the reverse of most traditional senders and those of the pre-91 XJ.

For a quick check of the sender wiring, short the wire to ground. It should drop to zero when grounded.

Ok, Update. Oil changed full synth and oil pressure sensor is changed ($40) works great. Running around 90-100?? just to the right of the middle

Next step is radiator flush, brakes and diff

Back