• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

De-Bling

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
1.Looks dont have anything to do with performance but i just would like something knew to look at. I want to take all the chrome off my 87 laredo. Around the windshield and such. Does this look like crap? Should i just paint over it when i repaint it?
2.Have a set of aluminum wheels that are nice and bright. What do i have to do to make black paint stick?
Thanks for all the help

taking the strips off around the windshield will leave an ugly gap. You could have the newer rubber gasket installed, but it costs because the windshield must be pulled.
Painting the wheels should be as simple as sanding priming ad painting. I imagine tey have a clear coat or some kind of polish on them, you want to get them down to the bare aluminum. It will look dull when you get to that point. After that it's just prep and paint, same as any other metal.

I'll take your shiny bitz, I can send you whats left of my kinda shiny black bitz.

Back