• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suns - Blazers - NBA Fans?

Mdub

NAXJA Forum User
Any B-ball fans up there? What do you guys make of the Suns/Blazers series? I'm thinking Suns in 5 or 6. A major problem for the Suns though is that Camby and Aldridge give Stoudemire fits down low. I'll tell you this, PHX has a lot of respect for the Blazer organization though. The way they ran all the deadbeat thugs out of town and replaced them with high-character dudes says a lot about the team. Hope you get Batum back for game 3, he's a hell of a player.

GO SUNS !

IF we can take both home games we stand a chance at the series. Otherwise it's prolly not happening...
All things considered, we've had a good run this season.

LET'S GO BLAZERS!!!

IF ... we've had a good run this season.

I hope that helps you feel better, it's grown old in Phoenix. It has been a hollow feeling the last like 6 playoff runs for the Suns. We have awesome years, win tons of games, play exciting ball then BAM - here come the Spurs or the Lakers. I expect Blazers to come out fighting tonight. Game probably goes to the wire.

There is no way we are going to beat the Sun s this year. NASH IS A FREAK! Too many injuries this year for us but ill tell ya what, let Camby teach young Oden and Jeff a thing or 15 about individual pride on defence and some basketball I.Q and are squad is NASTY! Oh we should also trade Rudy for a late first rounder and move Bayless back to his natural position and let Mills back up Miller and we are a top team next year for sure. WOW lol i just noticed i have been saying next year since 89. :) GO BLAZERS!!!

I am so impressed with the Blazers ability to overcome constant adversity this season and keep winning games. It is quite unfortunate that they have had so many injuries this year however, I believe that played a major role in how well this team plays together. Regardless of how the Blazer, Suns series turns out, the Blazers have had one of the most memorable seasons in many, many years.

But, niether the series nor the season are over.....

GO BLAZERS!!! SHOW THE SUNS WHAT RIP CITY IS ALL ABOUT!!!

I'm stoked for tonight's game, I couldn't be any happier that we took game 1 in Phoenix. I'm not going to talk about game 2 however. We need to grab both these games at home, then we got it.

Go Blazers!!

As long as Portland doesn't lose anyone to injuries,
And our bench plays well.
Then we can win this series.
Especially if Webster steps up, or someone else in a mismatch.

But Aldridge can't get into foul trouble, and that can be hard when we go back on the road and the ref's know with out him, Portland should lose.

I think Portland will win tonight. we'll see what happens in the series though.

I am so impressed with the Blazers ability to overcome constant adversity this season and keep winning games. It is quite unfortunate that they have had so many injuries this year however, I believe that played a major role in how well this team plays together. Regardless of how the Blazer, Suns series turns out, the Blazers have had one of the most memorable seasons in many, many years.

But, niether the series nor the season are over.....

GO BLAZERS!!! SHOW THE SUNS WHAT RIP CITY IS ALL ABOUT!!!

Not to be disrespectful but Blazers had a lot of bad years early-mid 2000s. So they got good draft picks. That's how they ended up with such a young, talented, deep team. So it makes it a bit easier to overcome injury when you are loaded like they are. Suns were winningest team in the 90s and have won a lot in the 2000s. Couple that with a douchebag owner and GM (Sarver and Kerr) who give draft picks away like I do dollars at the titty-bar and it's amazing we still have any talent. Back to the Blazers though, sky is the limit for this team next couple of years. Great coach, great players. Just need some run-time IMO.

Suns win a close one tonight behind a big game by Nash.

Last edited:
But Aldridge can't get into foul trouble, and that can be hard when we go back on the road and the ref's know with out him, Portland should lose.

Phoenix is in the same boat. When Amare gets in foul trouble, it's all uphill.

well that was embarassing. Time for more off season changes!

Nothing to be embarassed about (except the cheap-ass fouls by Juwannabe and Miller against Amare). Blazers fought back tough in the 4th. People forget, Nash is a 1st ballot hall of famer and 2 time MVP. His numbers are better this year then some of his numbers those years. I know it's hard to comprehend how good a little white dude who can't even touch the rim can be, but trust me, watch this guy daily and you'd understand. Also, Amare, except for maybe Duncan - who is visibly aging, is the premier power forward in the league. And when guys like Grant Hill and J-Rich are on, any team will struggle to beat them. Suns have won 14 of their last 16, with one of those loses to the Blazers.

You guys are young, don't give up on your team. You get Oden, Roy, Pryzbilla, and Batum back and you are right there. I mean dang, you have Oden and Roy injured, those two could carry a team.

That being said, barring a Suns injury, Blazers have run into a buzz-saw this series, it looks like the Blazers willl be lucky to win another game. And just hang tight, when the Suns get to the Lakers - we'll likely falter like a bra-strap on prom night. And to go even deeper, when you all up north are enjoying 75 degree summers, we'll be indoor hiding from the 115-120 summer solstice !

Go SUNS!

Last edited:
Portland pulled one out of the hat today! Watched the very end at the pizza joint in Pacific City... Roy was in I guess for the first quarter... uphill battle in store, for sure, but at least the next couple games are here!

That game was brutal to watch. Suns looked like they thought Portland was going to lay down. I would not want to be Portland the next game. That being said, if they could pull off a win Monday - they'd be in the driver's seat.

Back