• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

im having the worst death vibrations

4X4rix

NAXJA Forum User
i just put a 4.5" rough country lift on my xj, when im driving and i hit a uneven road its starts vibrating like crazy. anybody know wat it is???

ok well it could be loose control arms, bad alignment, loose track bar. etc.. how did u align it??? that tends to be the major problem

i took it to get an alignment so im not sure. well it was worst before i got the alignment done. but it still does it at like uneven roads or hills

k well get ur butt under it and make sure all ur control arms are tight then check ur track bar and make sure its tight.. if all is tight then ur alignment may still be off.. some places just dont align a solid axle vehicle right... i do mine in the drive way with a tape measure.. works fine... ur should of got a print out from ur alignment.. what did they set the toe at???

get a buddy or a set of hands to help and measure front and back center lines and try to get it close to a 1/16 in

sounds like a loose track bar bracket! get under there and check to amke sure everythings tight! then have someone wiggle the steering wheel and make sure you dont have play in tie rod ends and what not if everythings good there check the ball joints..... somethings loose or has play!

Did you do the lift yourself? From what I understand the angle your knuckles are at can affect your steering, maybe even more so than your alignment. length you set your control arms (if they're adjustable) will change this angle.

did you get a new track bar or drill a new hole for it?

it could be many things man,
- loose track bar
- unbalanced wheels and tires
- loose lower or upper arms
- loose tie rod ends
- bad bushings in the upper arms
- steering angle(may need a drop pitman arm)

like these guys said, get under there, make sure your lower arms are torqued down to about 120 on both ends. make sure your track bar is torqued to about 35 or 40 pounds. also, i just put this lift on about 2 weeks ago, when i first put in on i had all kinds of vibrations, i simply went under and tightened everything, lower arms, upper arms, tie rod ends, steering box, track bar, and there was no more vibrations. hope this helps you out man, good luck and let me know how you like your kit!

-Nate.

I had the same death wobble and had to put some spaces in the adjustment area of my lower control arms where they mount to the frame. This moved them forward a bit. A good alignment in my dirve way paired with balanced tires took care of my problem. Good luck!

MAKE SURE ALL THE BOLTS ARE TIGHT..I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!

w/ that lift u absolutely have to have drop brackets - mine was the same way til i put drop brackets in. dan (loose nuts) can get u them at a decent price.

Back