• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Makeover for my heep!!!

jdxj

NAXJA Forum User
Here goes gona rebuild about every thing on the heep save the TNT longarms and front wj brakes and steering but every thing else must go!

:hang::hang:

I guess we'll start with some before pics!

Stupid bushwackers and the afterBW holes!
100_2002.jpg

100_2003.jpg

100_2005.jpg

100_2010.jpg

Started out with the cut and fold to make room for the new bumper!

100_2014.jpg

100_2015.jpg

100_2018.jpg

Started the new bumper!

Flanges for the mounts
(hole are from the previous owner of the scrap)

100_2017.jpg

Crooked but just on loose to make sure the holes will work.
100_2023.jpg

Start of the actual bumper!

100_2021.jpg

100_2022.jpg

OH WAIT MUST PAUSE

MY TUBE BENDER IS HERE :party::party::party:

Thanks UPS:kissyou::kissyou:

100_2025.jpg

100_2027.jpg

Thats It for Yesterday! meant to post up last night just ran out of time!

Todays progress
Bumper on hold gota get started on the fender and quarter guards so I can have em rolled this weekend!

100_1995.jpg

100_1996.jpg

Don't really recomend cuting 1/8" plate with a jigsaw but thats what I had and the rounded parts will be covered anyway so it works!

100_1999.jpg

100_1997.jpg

All cut out and loaded up to go to Cagedxj for shaping!

100_2019.jpg

100_2020.jpg

And Dad wonders why he never gets anything done!
100_2024.jpg

Coming soon Tube fenders, Roofrack, hybrid cage, rocker replacement and whatever else I can think of!

and OBA

Get outta the way! JD's fired up and fabbin! :D

Well ain't gota job so gota do somethin. And gota get it done fast before all the checks start bouncin then I won't be able to buy more supplies!:laugh:

also, you might consider welding your rear pinch seams. i did a very similar cut and fold on mine about 2 years ago. i havent driven it in 4x4 sinse then, but i still have seam seperation and popped spots in that area. i will admit mine wasnt done the best, and this is what happens! from your pics, i cant tell if you made the same mistakes i did. i recommend you put in a cage to prevent this, asap!

also, you might consider welding your rear pinch seams. i did a very similar cut and fold on mine about 2 years ago. i havent driven it in 4x4 sinse then, but i still have seam seperation and popped spots in that area. i will admit mine wasnt done the best, and this is what happens! from your pics, i cant tell if you made the same mistakes i did. i recommend you put in a cage to prevent this, asap!
Yup thats the plan stay tooned:shocked:

I actually cut to deep when I put on the bushwackers way bak when and Plan to fix that when I install the plate and tube flares!

So not a lot of progress today but did get the bender put together and some bumper work done! Daughter got sick and I had to go get her from school so short day!:cry:

100_2045.jpg

100_2047.jpg

100_2046.jpg

Bumper looks really wide but when the fenderflares are done it will look normal HOPEFULLY

100_2048.jpg

100_2051.jpg

100_2050.jpg

Gona Cut here in the morning (red Line)

edit1.jpg

Then fill this spot with 2x2 angle for strenght and looks.
1.jpg

Then I'll tie it back to the "frame" rail at the end of the 2x6 tube wheel well end. with some tube. And then it should be plenty strong enough for the Cage to mount right on top next to the light!

Ya it's a nice tool to have. Luckily my dad needed one also so we split the price and can both use it now!

100_2058.jpg

100_2056.jpg

100_2055.jpg

100_2060.jpg

100_2062.jpg

100_2063.jpg

Got a little done today

Cut some braces to go back to the unibody, installed em, made 4 nut strips 2 will go inside the frame and the other two will be welded to the bumper to bolt through to the nuts that fit inside the frame! Should be strong as Hell. now just gota do the grinding and paint ect.

Tomorrow I start the tube fenders got the panels back from being rolled a few days ago so.

Hopefully this will start coming together faster now that I'm feeling better and all the visiting family is gone.

Last edited:
clean your metal! BEFORE anything else! garbage in, garbage out!. 5 seconds on the grinder, dog earing the corners, swiping the edges... etc etc... it goes a long way!
also, those peices are obviously too long, and need to be trimmed at the bottom.

otherwise, glad to hear you're back to full heath, you can keep up on your thread now.

Grinding will be done! in due time and all the corners where chamfered with the grider for better penitration! It'll shape up just fine. not real worried about the looks of the stuff thats under the jeep and gona be rusted up and paint chipped in a few weeks anyway!

Not my first rodeo! but thanks for the advise.

Back