• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

After market shifter

sdevan01

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have a clue where I can get an aftermarket (like hurst) shifter for my 2000 5 speed XJ? I have a nv3550 tranny. I just want a shorter throw.

Jes has one for his AX-15 and swears by it......helps him accelerate out of the mall parking lot. :D

CRASH

Thanks Dirt. We were looking for short shifters for the nv3550 manual transmission for an XJ. I don't think anyone has made one for the XJ nv3550 manual. Only made it for the AX-15.

I am doing a NV3550 swap on a Comanche. The shifter should fit the tranny. There is about a 1/2 inch difference in the opening. I will need to peen the metal back or cut it. I don't think you would have this problem with your Cherokee as it was made for the NV3550.
Tom

Ok I am gonna go for it guys. I will buy the Hurst or B&M shifter for the TJ nv3550 and hopefully get it to fit nicely in my 2000 XJ without too much fuss.

I am not quite sure if I am gonna go with the Hurst or the B&M ... I think they are both basically the same.

Back