• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear bumpstops for a ~2.5 inch lift

gjarreau

NAXJA Forum User
I did a 2.5 inch lift on the rear of a 99 XJ se. I was wondering wich bump stops to get. Either 4.1" or 2.9" Rear-End Axle Snubber for 87-01 Jeep® Cherokee XJ (Bump Stop)?

I don't know if the parts are measured as 4.1 or 2.9 inches ABOVE what is stock or if its a total measurement.

Which do you suggest? I will probably do home-made front bump-stops but might buy the rear.

this is kinda something you are kinda on your own on. every rig is different. just do like above

I have 3" in the rear with the 4.1" extended bumpstops on 245/75R16 tires on Moabs with 1"spacers. In the rear we cut and folded the rear quarter up to the flare line and I barely rub enough on the pinch seam that I will pop the flares off, but don't slice the tires. In the front, we added 2 hockeypucks in the front and its perfect
c2af636d.jpg

On a related note, the rear bumpstops from a 4WD MJ are the longest, stock style, bolt-on bumpstops I've found. I picked up a set at the JY, but I was in AZ where the JY rigs are largely rust free.

Back