• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering sugestions

windle27

NAXJA Forum User
Over about the past month i have been noticing a knocking/clunking noise in the front end. i got under it today to find all the joints in my stock steering are shot. there for making my everything lose and causing the noise. long story short something has to be done and i don't want to replace any stock parts. im looking for a steering setup that wont break the bank and is stronger then the stock stuff i drive a 96 Cherokee sitting on 33s and 4.5 inches of lift. Help me out NAXJA. thanks :wave1:

v-8 zj tierod and draglink. cheap, easy and stronger. parts are available everwhere also unlike most aftermarket setups

ive been running the v8 zj tie rod and stock draglink with no problems. same setup as you 33s and 4.5 probably had it for 3years now and all the joints have zero play still

and its alot easier to adjust toe with the zj setup....pick a tie rod up for 20 bucks tops and buy urself a new drag link and all new tie rods for it cant cost more than 100 total for a way better setup...just my .02:dunno:

i have the ZJ stuff and it lasted only about a year. my draglink TRE is shot. that year had some hard wheeling though. im at about 5.5" of lift. and it cost somewhere around $150 for everything, draglink, tie rod, 2 TRE's, and adjusting sleeve. and now i just got my ballistic steering but have yet to install it

Back