• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

detours backbone ????

I've got a first Gen Back Bone that I just bought used. Installed no problem. No rattles. With it being one piece, the Backbone can't itself rattle, but I would imagine that an improperly trimmed and/or loosely installed bumper skin could?

Just got a PM from Jim, there has been a little confusion. He was wondering about the Tailbone, not the Backbone. Sorry Jim cant help you there. But I do know there a a few guys floating around on here that have one.

I've got the tailbone with a 32x11.5" tire on a steel rim mounted on it. No rattling at all. It's got an amazing frame tie-in setup and the swing-out is built well. I'm not sure I'd carry a 35" tire on it, but I'd have to see it first. I've wheeled hard with the 32" on there and had no issues at all. I'll eventually build some sort of full bumper off of the setup.

Just got an e-mail from Mark that mine just shipped. I will be mounting a 33" on it. I have heard nothing but great things about it.

If you are going to order do it sooner than later. I took 8 weeks to get mine shipped out.

Josh

I've got the tailbone as well.... 32-11.50 mounted to it.

No rattles.... It does squeak tho. Where the swing out seats in the latch assembly it's metal to metal....

For now my ghetto fix is a peice of cardboard from the back of a scratchpad of paper....

Perhaps a thin piece of delrin or nylon someday.... Not real high on my priority list right now.....

I've got the tailbone as well.... 32-11.50 mounted to it.

No rattles.... It does squeak tho. Where the swing out seats in the latch assembly it's metal to metal....

For now my ghetto fix is a peice of cardboard from the back of a scratchpad of paper....

Perhaps a thin piece of delrin or nylon someday.... Not real high on my priority list right now.....

I've got a Slimline, but same difference... I bought a small sheet of that adhesive backed rubber stuff you can buy at HD or Lowe's in the "furniture feet" section. I guess it's intended use is to cut out your own feet for odd shaped table legs or something. I just cut out about a 2"x3" piece and stuck it where the two pieces contact each other. No rattling, no squeaking, and it secures it nice and tight as the latch compresses the rubber.

Here's what I'm talking about: Waxman Gripper Pads

Back