• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper & lift?s

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
1.Hey guys as a general question is it worth the extra money for a Clayton 4.5"short arm lift for my xj as opposed to a RUBICON 4.5"?

2. I want to build my own rear bumper, does anyone know the measurment on the rear bumper brackets- being the space beween attachking to the jeep and the back of the bumper where it would be flush with the back door?

thankyou very much for all your time!

Clayton makes a very good lift kit, but RE also make a pretty decent lift for the money. I have a RE long arm kit and I love it, I was looking into a Clayton as well but went with the RE due to price.

Some will say that RE quality has gone down hill but I install a lot of there kits at work and I have not had any complaints on anything but there shocks.

As for the bumper I would make the brackets mount them and then tac weld the rest into place then take it all of and weld it up. Not sure if this helps but its what I would try.

I would say Go for the OME/DPG hybrid lift.. or just build your own "kit"

Back