• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I fix rough, creaky drivers door hinge?

@dam

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys. For about the past 6 months, the hinge on my driver's-side door has gotten very creaky, squeaky, and rough feeling. I've used graphite and several kinds of penetrating oil. I'm rust-free. Any ideas what could be causing this? Worn out pins? Is there some kind of bushing I could replace?

The strap is held to the A-pillar by the pin and then moves freely along a spring-loaded roller bearing in the door side of the assembly. The noise could be from the strap rubbing on the pin or against the bearing. Best thing is to remove it and clean all parts, replace the pin and grease it up. Short of that put some lithium grease on the strap and the pin.

check your little door stopper strap thing. both of mine have gone bad and one creaked and clicked so much it eventually broke. got a JY one and all is well. the other had siezed and began ripping the door apart where it was mounted so i just removed it. so now the drivers door swings open freely

the broken one
IMG00122-20091027-1659.jpg

and the other door
IMG_0016-5.jpg

IMG_0017-5.jpg

door stopper strap thing aka door check.

Back