• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TRANS- MOUNT AFTER DROP

bayhunter

NAXJA Forum User
Put in a T-CASE mount on my 99 XJ to cure vibe problem, All was good til today . I am getting a vbe under my foot while driving and all kinds of creaking from trans area. There seems to be play in trans mount and the rubber seems to be seperated from the bottom metal part of the mount. Could this be my problem?How can you tell when they are bad? Do i need a higher trans mount,and do they make one?

Last edited:
Put in a T-CASE mount on my 99 XJ to cure vibe problem, All was good til today . I am getting a vbe under my foot while driving and all kinds of creaking from trans area. There seems to be play in trans mount and the rubber seems to be seperated from the bottom metal part of the mount. Could this be my problem?How can you tell when they are bad? Do i need a higher trans mount,and do they make one?

You wouldnt want a higher one if you dropped yours, but it is very possible that your factory mount could be shot & you would be getting alot of engine noise and vibrations running all through the jeep. Dont buy a cheap replacment either or it will seem even worse. Get a good factory replacment.

Just to back up MrShaft here... you wouldn't want a taller mount after doing a TC drop, it would counteract it since the TC is dropped because the trans drops, which is because the mount drops, which is because the crossmember gets spaced down. Putting in a TC drop kit and then a taller trans mount will put you right back where you were, except with a better rock anchor right under the middle of your rig.

Back