• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB Fire Arm.

skycrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a 9mm or 45 would prefer semi auto. something light weight that can be put up to alot of abuse. I will be living most of the summer in my cabin up left hand. and kinda have a mom pop and cub mountain lion living 20 ft up the hill from me. so its just a precaution.

will be doing alot of fire prevent work.

let me know what u have even if its not a 9 or 45 or also something u might have thats a good fire arm u might suggest.

been shooting since i was a youngy..

looking at spending around 100-400$ ofcourse cheaper the better.

thanks

I would go with the 40 or 45.... I prefer 40- you can find them at stores, cheaper, and roughly the same knock down power. I have a springfield xd-40 I love it. You can pick up used glocks for around 400ish. My wife has a bersa 9mm which is around 350-400 bucks. Awesome gun!

Rugar makes some fairly inexpensive guns in a 9mm.

Good Luck!
Matt

check pawn shops. picked up my 9mm Ruger for $200 (half price of new)

its a model p89, so roughly 10 years old, but one of the straighest shooting pistols ive owned

All a 9mm is going to do to a mountain lion is piss it off, get a .45 for sure.

Biggest mistake the Army ever made was switching to a 9mm pistol, absolutely worthless gun that doesn't do shite.

Better yet, a .357mag with no less than a 4" barrel. I know you said you would prefer a semi-auto, but you can't really go wrong with a wheel gun in the back country, and a .357mag would trump a 9,40, or 45 in the back country. My back country setup is a Glock 29 10mm, but unless you re-load (I do) or are interested in spending some coin for good mail order ammo, then its hard for me to recommend the 10mm. All that being said, check out www.co-ar15.com , there are always guys on there getting rid of guns for decent prices.

Last edited:
i fiqured that. so its pretty hard to get 10mm rounds right? What would be a good .357 to go with.

also while im on the gun topic looking for something that would be a good conceal.. anyone carrying anything u might suggest.

i fiqured that. so its pretty hard to get 10mm rounds right? What would be a good .357 to go with.

also while im on the gun topic looking for something that would be a good conceal.. anyone carrying anything u might suggest.

Not necessarely hard to get rounds for 10mm, just more expensive and you certainly won't find them at your local Wal Mart, pretty much limited to mail order. My Glock 29 is definitely concealable, I carry it quite frequently. As far as 357mag is concerned, I'm an S&W guy. I'm typing from my phone but if you'd like, when I get to my comp I can post a few suggestions.

I love my Bersa 380. It is very small and I can conceal it in almost anything I wear.

I'm sure I'll get some flack since it is only a 380, but with the small caliber you just need to be prepared to use all 7 in the magazine and the one in the hole.

Now when I'm fishing in the woods, I carry my Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Magnum in a shoulder holster.

Not necessarely hard to get rounds for 10mm, just more expensive and you certainly won't find them at your local Wal Mart, pretty much limited to mail order. My Glock 29 is definitely concealable, I carry it quite frequently. As far as 357mag is concerned, I'm an S&W guy. I'm typing from my phone but if you'd like, when I get to my comp I can post a few suggestions.

yeah post a few suggestions if u dont mind. u can email them to me also

[email protected]

9... 40... 45... 22... if you're putting rounds where they are supposed to go... they all do the same thing.

ive got an xd 9 sub compact and its super easy to conceal. ive got a colt 1911 in .45 and it's easy to conceal if you go about it the right way.

if this is a back country gun then im not sure why you're worried about concealing it?

you REALY sacrifice round capacity with a revolver but less can go wrong with one.

what handguns in what calibres have you shot before? what's comfortable? most importantly, what are you good at shooting?

I carry a XD40 sub compact. Nice gun, very light, easy to shoot, and ammo isn't too bad if you shop around. I was going to get a 45 until I priced ammo. I am actually going to get another XD40 sub compact for the wife, she has no problem shooting it.

Yeah, if I'm worried about working out in the woods and mountain lions..... I'm slingin' a shortbarrel shotgun with buckshot.

shot 9,10,40,45,.357 .22 rifles, shotguns. Grew up on a shooting range so alot has been in my hands.

I spend alot of time in jamestown, nederland and all other surrounding towns and usually have a gun on me while im there. so id just rather have something that would work good in the mountains but can conceal it also so i dont get harrased by the local marshels.

Back