• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring question about header panel..

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
I got a 98 style header panel, and want to finally install it on my 91. I just need to know how to wire the lights. I'm pretty sure the plugs are different, and I'm sure they jusy dont plug in anyways. Any advice will help, thanks in advance..

I know the headlight harnesses follow different lines and clip in in slightly different places. Haven't found out just how different they are though; the 97+ and 96- harnesses are hanging in my closet waiting for me to take a look at them.

The connectors are definitely different like you said.

I would probably swap the 96- harness over if possible and take the opportunity to add heavier wire and relays for the headlights while the panel is off.

When I did the header swap, I just cut the old bulb sockets off and wired up the new sockets. I didn't bother trying to swap the entire harness. Mine was in very good condition.

On the 97+ turn signals, there are two bulbs per side. I just used one bulb per side and it works fine. I made sure to install the unused sockets to keep moisture out of the housing.

One of these days, I'll splice in the second sockets. But it's not a high priority with me. :)

Back