• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JcrOffroad MJ Stuff Discontinued.

jcroffroad

www.jcroffroad.com
Hey Everyone,

We have been once again growing by leaps and bounds. Our sales have been a true blessing, however it has caused us to have to make some major changes. In order to get efficiencies up, we have had to switch to larger scale batch order processing. This means, we have been building large batches of each particular item in order to save time, which in return saves money. It has been quite the process around here.

I know that many of you have probably already noticed, but I finally lost the battle for the Comanche parts we were selling. I have been trying to keep the line-up available, hoping it would not come to this, however the order numbers just are not there. Since we have offered MJ parts, we have sold 14 Rear Bumper, 1 set of Long bed Sliders and 3 sets of Short bed sliders. Since our batches include about 15 bumpers in a batch, it's easy to see that it's just not realistic to produce and sell these anymore. I feel bad, as we spent a good amount of time prototyping and producing jigs and we were one of the only options available. Thanks to those that supported our MJ product line, we have appreciated your business.

I plan to leave the MJ rear bumper mounts available on our site for a little while at least. However, if you are on the fence about them, it's time to buy. If they don't sell, they will be discontinued as soon as the stock runs out.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MJRMTS&Category_Code=DPL

Needless to say: The MJ tail light box idea is going to be scraped as well.

Oh, man...........I can hear Comanche Club crying from here :tear:

:jester:

Oh, man...........I can hear Comanche Club crying from here :tear:

:jester:

It's not like they were interested enough to actually buy the stuff anyhow. They voted with their wallets.

Congrats to JCR for being too busy to deal with product that wasn't selling.

But there also aren't tons of MJs running around either. There's only so many sliders and bumpers you can sell for a vehicle that has extremely limited production numbers.

Its totally understandable when a company needs to focus on what works for them and what doesnt work. Why invest in something that provides no ROI. no company is a charity. Use cherokee and MJ owners are cheap anyway :)

Yeah they had a lot of interest and people begging for bumpers and sliders too but not many people bought them.

Yes, congratulations to JCR for having the disipline to maintain the focus it takes to not only survive but to grow in this economy.

IMO they have done a fantastic job in producing products with a very high value to cost ratio.

As for me, I have a couple of JCR purchases behind me and more planned as budget allows.

FNF

Drumming interest was never the problem, but drumming sales. We have completely changed our operations over the past several months to gear towards bulk manufacturing. We have to do this to keep our heads above the water! If we just keep making custom changes and small build batches, we waste a lot of time and get way to far behind. It's not as simple as "go hire someone else", as we are trying to survive and grow in a very tough market right now.

We are going to be moving onto some newer vehicles and in order to make sure we have time to keep things moving, we have to cut stuff that doesn't sell. We have to be as efficient as possible, which will in return keep our doors open.

yeah... while I am sad to see this stuff go away, I completely understand why it did. Tough to make money selling something that no one buys, so dump that product and move on.

We are going to be moving onto some newer vehicles and in order to make sure we have time to keep things moving, we have to cut stuff that doesn't sell. We have to be as efficient as possible, which will in return keep our doors open.

So are you guys planning on dropping any of your XJ products?

So are you guys planning on dropping any of your XJ products?

Let me get some quarter guards before you start doing that!:D

Glad you guys were there and gave MJ owners an opportunity.
I was glad to be part of your MJ project.

thanks guys!

BOB

Back