• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alarm lock problem

Michaelarchangelo

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed an alarm/remote start on my 98. The doors will unlock, but they will not lock. It said that the orange wire with the purple stripe is the one that I want on the driver's side (which is where it is). I have the door trigger on the thicker yellow wire below it. Anyone have an idea as to what I might be doing wrong? It just seems strange that it will unlock, just not lock.

You have tested the unit to verify that I does infact use a -input to trigger the unlock. Looking at the big 12 pin Connector for the DDM 90* corners on bottom 45* angle on top. pin #1 is the top left corner, pin #6 bottom left corner. Lock will have continuity between pin #7-#8. Unlock will have continuity between pins #11-#8. Pin #8 is ground.

FYI the passenger side door module has the control circuitry in it. The rest just comunicate to it. There is no direct link between the drivers switgh, and the lock moters.

Back