• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will this tool work?

probably with some patience and a lil heat youll get it but i dont know if the cups are deep enough to accept the bushing...somewhere around 2.5 inches wide

Burn 'em out.

1. Heat the center sleeve (where the bolt goes through) until it melts the rubber around it. That sleeve should just slide out now that it's hot.

2. Pry out the rubber portion of the bushing. I used an old screwdriver. If it's tough to get out, try drilling a few holes into the rubber part.

3. Cut the outer metal sleeve. I used a sawzall. Once the sleeve is cut, a BFH should pop it right out. Also, you don't have to cut all the way through the outer sleeve. If you cut about halfway through, you can hit it with a chisel to finish it off.

Hope this helps.

Don't worry about that.

I did mine with a 6" bench vise and some blocks of wood, worked great. A balljoint tool should work absolutely fine for this as long as the cups are large enough to hold the bushing properly.

Back