• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 Locker

Crasher

NAXJA Forum User
My ZJ has an 8.8 with a lockrite locker. My XJ has a Detroit in the 8.8. How much stronger is the Detroit carrier? Do I gain much strength by replacing the lockrite with a Detroit or OX-loc?

The Detroit carrier is engineered to handle the stress of the clutches pushing out against the case, as well as the stress from torque transfer. The stock carrier works well with the spiders, but isn't made to handle the forces from the locker.

The good news is, since the lunchbox lockers are designed to fit into the stock carrier, they're not much stronger then the stock carrier.

Short version is the Detroit and the OX are substantially stronger then the stocker.

Thanks.......That's kind of what I was thinking. My ZJ is in AZ where we will return to next Nov. It already has an OX in the front HP30, so I will pick up one for the rear 8.8. To avoid problems with the cable, I use their air cylinder and hook it to my CO2 tank. It works great. I'll just have 2 toggle switches now.

P.S.
tbburg----- We spend the winters in Benson and want to come up to do some of the runs NE of Florence next year.

Back