• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front side markers/turn signals

quadna71

NAXJA Forum User
just had a cherokee given to me by my father in law. we bought an '01 as a gift and he gave us his '87 in return. has 219k miles but still runs great. anyways, i'm trying to get it swapped from PA plates to DE but am having issues with the front side turn signals.

are they supposed to blink like most other side markers with the turn signals on? they are lit fine with the lights, but no blinking. not with the turn signals or with the hazards. only two wires into the connectors and single filament 194 bulbs (was in them already and book confirmed them). just want to make sure before i hit up the DMV to keep my trips there to a minimum.

not sure if we'll be building it up, leaving as is, or returning to stock with leftover oem parts. it has a 2" spacer/shackle lift and 30" tires on it now...but anything that has a bushing is well worn out. just picked up a set of tj control arms for the front with very little miles on them and now need to get shocks and new swaybar bushings (both worn out).

anyways, thanks for any advice on the lights.

87 doesn't blink. My 90 does blink. . You can modify an 87 to blink the side markers if you want to.

Agree, Cruiser54 has you covered on this one.

thanks guys - that is exactly what i was hoping to hear. i'm indifferent on whether they blink or not...but wanted to know if they need too for satisfying the DMV. at least i know everything is working as it should.
thanks!

Back