• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Washington Title transfers

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The ABS went out on the Jeep I just bought. I was told you need to get your vehicle smogged in order to transfer the title. So how do you transfer the title on a non operational vehicle?

I don't know when the 15 day limits over but it will be soon.

They transferd mine with the understanding that I go get the smog when Its ready to DD

hmm were "special favors" involved behind the counter? Because the lady here insisted it needed to be smogged first. Also I wouldn't mind special favors she's good looking. :loveu:

down here they transfer with the intent of smog when its ready

Issaquah DOL kicks ass.

Be careful what you use for your reason that it isn't running. Something important like a safety device will lead to needing a state patrol inspection that takes like 2 weeks and costs big money. I'd call the next closest place and start from scratch and say that you're fixing it up before you drive it and see if they'll transfer title. Saves a lot of time running around, somewhere out there someone will do it.

ABS went out or the brakes entirely? Take it over and get the emissions checked. What's the problem?

Joe_Peters said that pulling the abs fuse doesn't work for Bendix ABS.
Apparently I'm and accident looking for a place to happen :)

Be careful what you use for your reason that it isn't running. Something important like a safety device will lead to needing a state patrol inspection that takes like 2 weeks and costs big money. I'd call the next closest place and start from scratch and say that you're fixing it up before you drive it and see if they'll transfer title. Saves a lot of time running around, somewhere out there someone will do it.

??? I have bought totaled bikes and cars and told the DMV and never once have they implied or told me I would have to go to the WSP inspection?? (they where not totalled by insurance companies) Its very simple, tell them the car is not running and get the title transfered! I bought my 91 last week and didnt have to do emmisions (previous owner must have just done it?)

you can transfer the title without getting tabs they should wave teh smog test. thats what i did. then whent in the next day and got tabs lol

Go to the little kiosk places in strip malls, not the real deal state tax collectors. They ask much less questions. All you have to do is get a form from them fill it out and they just take your word for it

I had no issues transfering the title in my jeep they did tell me it needed emissions but they transfered the title any ways. try going to bevs auto licensing on evergreen way just north of 92nd thats where i went. the girl didnt even notice it said non running at the bottom till after she trasnfered the title. a friend was told the same thing you were when trying to transfer a car he bought. I had read some where here too that you are able to transfer with out emissions.

I got tabs with no emissions. But when I want to start driving it It will need emissions.

Back