• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd Tech

Baja_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I swapped in a 2wd beam and ran into issues with the brakes. I know they made at least 2 different caliper designs but is there more? My D30 calipers are the same bolt pattern but the bolts on mine are too small for the 2wd spindle. It takes like whatevers metric for a 3/8 bolt. Also my brake pads are about 3/8 to 1/2 too long for the bracket. I went all over town and called countless places and nobody seems to show such a thing. They all call for the same caliper and pad. I tried every Jeep from 1980-2000 with every engine, axle, and option package available and they all came up the same caliper and pad. and to top it off they say it dont exist, they say if there was such a thing the computer would say so and say that those fit. Does anyone know what all brake options there were for a 2wd beam? I need need neeeeed brakes :banghead:my pads or calipers neither one will work..

Last edited:
'86-'89 XJ 4WD & '86-'93 2WD
Wagner ThermoQuiet® Brake Pad Set

Part No. MX203 Warranty: LIMITED LIFETIME REPLACEMENT
Pads; ThermoQuiet; OE Replacement; Semi-Metallic

$42.99

'90-'01 4WD & '94-'01 2WD

Part No. MX477 Warranty: LIMITED LIFETIME REPLACEMENT
Pads; ThermoQuiet; OE Replacement; Semi-Metallic; 4WD; Includes hardware kit 5652A

$49.99

'93/'94 was the split for 2WD pads-- I'd assume the calipers and attaching hardware would change then, as well.

Back