• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC blowin hot air

SINCITY192

NAXJA Forum User
88 xj 4.0 l 6cyl auto trans

my ac is blowing hot air he compressor works because it u give it power it operates I have two cans that's suppose to be added to the compressor but i have no idea how its done can anyone help with this cause its sure getting hot out there

You have an '88, has it ever been converted from R-12? Because if not I can be almost positive that you have the wrong Freon Charge. R-134 and R-12 do not mix well, if at all.

Check the vacuum lines and make sure the blend door is not screwed up. Are there bubbles or noticeable flow going through the sight glass near the receiver drier?

sorry i wish i knew the answers to at least one of those questions
I don't know where the blend door is at
and i dont know if its ever been converted from a R-12

Then you should take it to a reputable AC shop.

Unless you're certain (sounds like you're not) that it's been converted to R-134a, you should *NOT* mess with it. Look for a sticker on the compressor that says R-134a. Also search for R-134a adapters and see if you have anything that looks like them on your compressor.

Any refrigerant you've bought will be R-134a as R-12 is not legal for sale in the US unless you have an EPA certificate. Most likely the hose end on the cans you have will not fit on fittings on the compressor.

Back