• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackle relocation box lift height? (actual height)

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
For those who installed HD off road engineering shackle relocation boxes, how much lift did you net in the rear? I am going to use stock shackles and wondering how much they will provide. I hear it's about 3/4", 1", and 1.5". There has to be a set lift height but I can't seem to get a straight answer.

I have 4.5" up front and rear so I don't want to end up with 6" in the rear if they lift it 1.5".

it depends on your existing shackle angle. just ask HDOR for measurements and youll be able to know how far it drops the new holes from your existing shackle box. this is assuming you use the same shackle angle.

but...

say your shackle is too vertical, your not going gain as much height as someone who plans to use the shackle to correct a shackle with an angle that is too flat.

if your want exactly 1.5 more inches, your best bet is to lift the front to your desired height and install the relocation brackets. if its not enough/too much your options are to change the shackle angle or get new shackles. id suggest setting up for a pefect shackle angle (the idea behind these brackets) and picking a shackle to fit.

it depends on your existing shackle angle. just ask HDOR for measurements and youll be able to know how far it drops the new holes from your existing shackle box. this is assuming you use the same shackle angle.

but...

say your shackle is too vertical, your not going gain as much height as someone who plans to use the shackle to correct a shackle with an angle that is too flat.

if your want exactly 1.5 more inches, your best bet is to lift the front to your desired height and install the relocation brackets. if its not enough/too much your options are to change the shackle angle or get new shackles. id suggest setting up for a pefect shackle angle (the idea behind these brackets) and picking a shackle to fit.

I did ask them and they said "about 1" but others are reporting 1.5" or .75" and other different heights.

Right now my shackle angle is vertical, so if I installed the shackle to a vertical angle on the relocation box (same angle as now) how much would I gain? I know if I correct the angle to 30 or 45 degrees then I will lose some height but I want to know the actual height gained if i leave the shackle angle like it is now.

With my front being 4.5", i wouldn't mind the rear being 5.5" but not any higher or else it will have that rake look. I don't want to lift the front up anymore than it is now cuz i'm only running 31's with my LA kit. If this relocation box does give 1.5" then I will skip this mod and just get some bilstein's for the rear.

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhh... i went back and read the original post. you DONT want to end up with 6". sorry.

how much lift do your shackles provide? if its only an inch or even stock shackles, your not going to be able to go shorter to lose lift. id start with that thought then. again, knowing the geometry of the boxes would be best, as you can then apply it to your jeep. alas, i cannot help you there. try asking them for actual measurements of the product, not the result it gives. though id try to make it clear that your not trying to duplicate the product, though itd be easy enough to do.

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhh... i went back and read the original post. you DONT want to end up with 6". sorry.

how much lift do your shackles provide? if its only an inch or even stock shackles, your not going to be able to go shorter to lose lift. id start with that thought then. again, knowing the geometry of the boxes would be best, as you can then apply it to your jeep. alas, i cannot help you there. try asking them for actual measurements of the product, not the result it gives. though id try to make it clear that your not trying to duplicate the product, though itd be easy enough to do.

I run the stock shackles.

Brian said the lift varies from .75" to 1.5" depending on shackle location. Also, I would personally run it at 45 degrees for the best ride but mine is a DD. I hope to have mine on this summer.

I couldent get mine dialed in at 45 degrees, it was between the adjustments, and if I moved bolt holes it through it way off, I left it at 50.

I couldent get mine dialed in at 45 degrees, it was between the adjustments, and if I moved bolt holes it through it way off, I left it at 50.

You couldn't slide the bottom bracket forward or backwards to dial it in? I thought you had the holes AND the sliding bracket to get angles set?

I thought you had the holes AND the sliding bracket to get angles set?

This is correct.

The most lift you can get from the relocation kit is 1.5"s that is if you leave the shackle and the rest of the lift the same as pre relocation kit.

After you adjust your angle most people end up with 3/4-1" of lift.

This is correct.

The most lift you can get from the relocation kit is 1.5"s that is if you leave the shackle and the rest of the lift the same as pre relocation kit.

After you adjust your angle most people end up with 3/4-1" of lift.

Sweet thanks, that sealed the deal. Since i have a vertical shackle angle, I should settle with 3/4-1" once i bring it down to 35-50 degrees.

I'll be ordering within a week. :)

There is a slide adjustment, Just not enough for my jeep lol. Even at 50 degrees the ride is a LOT better then with the vertical angle. I could of prolly drilled it out a bit more, but I was done messing with that damn thing! Also when im loaded down to go off roading the weight brings it down to around 45.

You couldn't slide the bottom bracket forward or backwards to dial it in? I thought you had the holes AND the sliding bracket to get angles set?

Sorry to revive and old thread, but I'm facing the same dilemma as the OP.

Here's my current shackle angle:
DSCI0274.jpg

DSCI0275.jpg

Terrible, I know. I bought a set of HD Offroad shackle boxes today. Setting these shackles ~45*, should I expect to see ~1" of lift? Ideally I'd like to see no lift but I can handle ~1".

Thanks for any insight someone can provide.

Thanks, that should be perfect. I have a 1/2" mini block that I can remove and net the height I'd like to keep.

Edit: Do we know how much droop these add? Curious if I'll need to source some longer shocks.

Last edited:
Back