• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone use flexible brake lines?

we run a lot of SS tubing at my company I see nothing really wrong with this but having bent that size tubing in a 304 Stainless Steel and seeing how easy it is to bent that, I would be very careful about strapping and running it in a fashion guarantees that it would never get caught on something. I actually crimped a stock rear brake line in my old WJ the first day I had it (Damn Houston Freeway debris).

Haven't used it, looks great. Could use it on the axle to bypass soft lines to caliper on my ZJ brakes... cool.

Yea, if someones going to invent a new kind of breakline, invent one I don't have to flare for gods sake. The only problem anyone has with breaklines is finding out that you need to make a double butt joint flare or some other crap and find out it's nearly impossible to find the tool to do it.

What's so different about this line? I just did 3/16 line. I worked with 2 different types - galvanized and coated. Both would have been easily bent by hand. I used a $6 bender for the tight radiuses and just hand bent them to fit right. The hardest part is flaring the ends. The $35 tool I bought wouldn't do a nice flare. I had to go to a machine shop and then their flare press only worked on the USA made galvanized line. Steer clear of cheapy coated line if you will need to flare it. Seems it is not quite properly sized and the wall thickness varies enough to make a clean even double flare damn near impossible.
This stuff might flare fine, I guess I just don't see how it is special.

ETA: The fitting kit it comes with looks really nice though...

Back