• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chrysler 8 1/4 rear end

xjnickk

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to this sight and have owned an xj for 5 months now. I was jst wondering what i can do to make my chrysler 8 1/4 inch axle stronger.

HERE

1. upgrade to 29 if 27 spline
2. Replace stock shafts with 1430 shafts (hardened steel) from Alloy USA or Superior

Well... What year XJ do you have. There are two versions. A 27 spline that you'll find in the earlier '96 model year, and the previous years for the XJ. Generally, late '96es, and up to the demise of the XJ, had the 29 spline 8 1/4.

They are both pretty strong. Even thought they are a "C"- clip axle. basically meaning if you do break an axle, the whole wheel will slide off of the XJ.

Really there is so much to this question. Like;

What lift do you have? are you using a locker? what kind of wheeling do you do? what size tires are you running? or want to run etc., etc.

You can use the search feature that NAXJA provides, and believe me you will get flamed for asking a question like this without first searching. This site has an extensive amount of info on your very question.

Try using the search. If you don't find what your looking for, then ask your questions.

Welcome to NAXJA :)

Back