• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep tricks

Ramairuss

NAXJA Forum User
I needed to mount my front license plate to my jeep and found that a set of D-cell Maglight mounts clip perfectly onto rollers. Just bolt the plate to the clips and clip on! $5

Everyone I know of locally that is running a winch has the front plate mounted with the Maglite brackets, we have been doing this for years around here.

Not a good pic of the mounts themselves but this is what the plate looks like mounted on my rig.

snow9.jpg

Everyone I know of locally that is running a winch has the front plate mounted with the Maglite brackets, we have been doing this for years around here.

Not a good pic of the mounts themselves but this is what the plate looks like mounted on my rig.

I was just about to order one from 4WD ($40) when I seen these on the shelf in a sporting goods store for $5. I figured I wasnt the first but I was pretty proud of myself. :wave1:

My '98 XJ has a C4x4F front bumper allows for installing a winch, but I haven't had the need for one.
To mount the front license plate I drilled holes in the bolts that would normally mount the fairlead to the bumper and then used stainless bolts to attach a 11"x6" PVC panel and the license plate bolts to the panel.

and you need to go back over to pirate where tools like you belong

Maybe you should go back to Cherokee forum where whiny tards belong.

That is a nice looking rig, Is that a CB atenna mounted to the tube on the bumper? I would go cross eyed looking at that! Or just something in the pic?

snow9.jpg

That is a nice looking rig, Is that a CB atenna mounted to the tube on the bumper? I would go cross eyed looking at that! Or just something in the pic?

Actually the antenna is on a mount just behind the winch. I get 3 advantages with the antenna on the front;
1) good ground plane from the hood surface
2) will lay flat against the hood going through the low tree branches and will not break off.
3) lets me know when a big tree limb may be getting ready to hit the windshield so i can hopefully stop in time:doh:

It bothered me at first but after a while you get use to it. I got the idea from rigs in Australia and Africa that spend time in the bush often have the antenna's mounted on the front instead of the rear.

who is one person to say what i want to see a pic of... im all for seeing peoples rigs and how they attach a new part. plus i was just trying to think of a way to mount my plate and wanted to see hoe he attached the plate to the clip.

and what does nominated mean?

Back