• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another brake system problem, maybe...

nochance9

NAXJA Forum User
So i did the zj rear disk swap, bigger booster, and zj prop valve and m/c about a year ago. I wasn't happy with the soft petal feel so i started looking into other m/c's and decided to put in a drango one over the past few days. Wow what a difference, my petal is rock solid, but it's also rock solid when driving... When i pulled the old zj m/c i noticed that there was some brake fluid around the seals between the m/c and the booster. Now, it says HERE that if you see any fluid on the booster that the m/c is leaking fluid into the booster and causing the diaphragm in the booster to deteriorate.

So my question is, with my hard petal when the engine is on does that mean that my booster is toast? Because i didn't notice it until i put the new m/c in. And i doubt that it would deteriorate that much over the two days i took to do the job. I also think that there's a spring in the booster that could've fallen off into the booster when i took the old m/c out. What do you think? Does anyone know if there is a spring in the booster that could've fallen off the plunger when i swapped m/c's?

Thanks for your help!

Back